GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I have a 1000 to 1200 mile trip planned thru Arkansas. Planned to leave Dallas Tx Monday the 16th. Just looked at the forcast for next week and it calls for rain four of the 5 days we will be on the road. Would you still ride or would you decide to drive? We will be in twistys much of the trip.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Robby, while I understand you asking that question it is really not for any of us to tell you whether to ride in the possiblity of rain or not, this really goes to your experience level and comfort of riding in bad weather. I have and would ride any time I get the chance, weather plays a very small part in my riding decisions. I am sure you will get a lot of opinions here and by all means read them, but the final decision should be yours and your co-riders. Good Luck and I hope you get to make your trip AK is a blast this time of year.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Tommyboy,

Look for a Dark red trike from Pasadena coming up, I don't know what time we are leaving here however.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
GW Wilkins said:
Tommyboy,

Look for a Dark red trike from Pasadena coming up, I don't know what time we are leaving here however.
I'm meeting up with a group in Rockwell about 7:30AM and following them the rest of the way so I will keep an eye out for ya.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tommyboy,

Can't leave untill Monday. That evil demon work and a setter for my MIL are the two things holding me back. Have a safe trip and enjoy. If you are around Mt. Magazine State Park, ENE from Booneville, take a look at the lodge there. My son is a Park Planner for Arkansas Parks Dept. and that is his latest project. It was opened in April this year.

Robby

·
Registered
279 Posts
I never trust the weatherman. Worst feeling would be to take the car and have beautiful weather.

Hal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts