GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I having an unbelievable problem in which I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a 2004 Honda Goldwing that I installed an Armed Guard G Force alarm back in 2004. This alarm has been flawless and I'm just now in the need of replacing batteries in both remotes. I removed the batteries out of each remote which holds two of the CR2016 type batteries stacked in each one. I did observe how they were stacked upon removal. Now, no matter what configuration I place the batteries in, I can't get either remote to work. The red light won't even light up on the remote. Both remotes were working, triggering the alarm just prior to me removing the batteries. I'm just replacing them due to the red light looking a little weak in each one. If anyone has any ideas of what could be the problem with this simple battery replacement, I would sincerely appreciate your input. Thank you. Ray :surprise:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,046 Posts
Have you tried replacing the old battery back to see if the remotes work? Could be dead new batteries...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried replacing the old battery back to see if the remotes work? Could be dead new batteries...
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. In fact I did so with both remotes......... nothing. All the prongs are up and not smashed down as well. It sure has me puzzled. Thanks again. Ray
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
22,071 Posts
Here's a photo showing how the batteries polarity is oriented. They have to be carefully stacked and pushed into the holder in the back of the remote and then the circuit card installed on top of them.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a photo showing how the batteries polarity is oriented. They have to be carefully stacked and pushed into the holder in the back of the remote and then the circuit card installed on top of them.
Thank you Fred for your help. All the prongs are in great shape. As you know, these batteries are rated at 3 volts each. My replacements are Energizers just like the one's I'm replacing with. I also checked the batteries and they both show 8.2 mA each. If I'm not mistaken, 1.5 volts = 4 mA therefore, these are showing a full charge. As for the contacts, they are raised off the surface well. The prong that is offset on one side I believe is for the remote button for transistor board contact. This prong is slightly higher than the battery prongs. I've also tried other several configurations, with no success. Wouldn't I at least get the red light if it was contacting/working properly? Everything appears to be pristine. Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate it. Ray
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Fred,
First, I want to thank you again for your help! I went ahead and cleaned all the contacts with rubbing alcohol and stacked everything carefully as you stated and BAM!! Obviously, there wasn't contact somewhere. I'll never let appearance alon with something like this fool me again. Let there be light...... that beautiful red light.....LOL! Thanks again for your help, I sincerely appreciate it! Ray :wink2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Fred...... All is good. I just tested the alarm with the remote which is working flawlessly. In addition, the red light on the remote is a nice bright red indicating full battery. Thanks buddy. Ray ??
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Thanks Fred...... All is good. I just tested the alarm with the remote which is working flawlessly. In addition, the red light on the remote is a nice bright red indicating full battery. Thanks buddy. Ray ??
Interesting meter setting. You were kind of "load testing" the batteries. I'm sure that it did not hurt them. But, in the future, you should probably use "DCV 20" to measure a battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting meter setting. You were kind of "load testing" the batteries. I'm sure that it did not hurt them. But, in the future, you should probably use "DCV 20" to measure a battery.
Great advice...... Thanks again. Ray :wink2:
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
22,071 Posts
Interesting meter setting. You were kind of "load testing" the batteries. I'm sure that it did not hurt them. But, in the future, you should probably use "DCV 20" to measure a battery.

Even though the meter appears to be designed to test them, I really would not recommend doing that to a small lithium coin cell, they can't take much abuse.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top