GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What armrests are compatable with the 2006-2010 with the communication and rear seat heater comtrols? I just purchased a left over 2010 and need arm rests for the wife.

I like the ones made by Show Crome and Krome works that mount under the grab handles for the passanger, but have not found any that are compatable with the audio/heater controls. Has anyone got any suggestions or experince with armrests that mount up under the grab handles that will work with the audio/heater controls.

I love this bike and want the wife to be as comfotable as I am but want a quality mount that does not attach to the ABS plastic for support.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
What armrests are compatable with the 2006-2010 with the communication and rear seat heater comtrols? I just purchased a left over 2010 and need arm rests for the wife.

I like the ones made by Show Crome and Krome works that mount under the grab handles for the passanger, but have not found any that are compatable with the audio/heater controls. Has anyone got any suggestions or experince with armrests that mount up under the grab handles that will work with the audio/heater controls.

I love this bike and want the wife to be as comfotable as I am but want a quality mount that does not attach to the ABS plastic for support.
I just ordered the AMA2006 Armrests from Direct Line Parts. My 2010 is a level three and they are supposed to work with all of the controls. I have not received the armrests yet.

·
Banned
350 Posts
I have Kury and reports I get indicate they are comfortable. Others here complain about build quality and the fact you have to open the arms to fully open the trunk. I have no complaints about build quality and the opening of the arms takes right at five seconds.

If i had it to do over again I'd buy Rivco.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Rivco

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Khromewerks makes two styles. Make sure you order for the later years. The bracket that bolts to the seat is bent slightly forward to clear the controls. Actually the new style would fit any of the years.

·
Registered
297 Posts
rested

I put the Kury's on my 2010 and after a year they are fine! No interference with anything but yes, you do have to turn them out to open the trunk. I dont think its a big deal.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn aremrests and have no issues or interferences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts