GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Armrests galore, but they must be moved out of the way to open the trunk! I don't particulary like the armrests that extend from the handles. Used to have a GL1500 with armrests that mounted to the antennas and the trunk could be opened without swinging them out of the way. Anybody know if anyone plans on making an armrest extender so that this will work on the GL1800?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have Big Bike that attach to the Seat handle, they DO NOT interfere with the trunk.

I

·
0 Posts
Ditto Blento:

We love our AddOn (Big Bike) armrests. No need to swing out to open the trunk, and they aren't going to rip the sides out of my trunk in a crash or tip over. Kury, Hondaline, and similar trunk mounted designs may be classier looking, but not near as practical or functional. If I had to swing the armrests out of the way everytime the wife wants something out of the trunk, I would go out of my mind. MHO of course.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
170 Posts
ggreggo:......... I have had the Big Bike armrests for wife for 3 years now, just like the one's pictured. Have had no problems. One of the wingers in my GWRRA chapter put on a set of those armrests that attach under the antenna base on trunk, and his trunk cracked. The armrests that attach under the seat handles are for resting the arms. You can't put a lot of downward stress on them by pulling ones-self up on them.
Also, wife has a butler mug bracket on the right armrest and it supports a full large size butler mug well. Ride Safe, Stobby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts