GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dying here. My shoulder feels great until I try to pick the bike up and realize the Dr. wasn't kidding when he said 3 mos. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT UNTIL AUGUST!!!! :evil:
Sorry for venting but this is the second season I'm going to have very little riding in and it's pissing me off!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Pms

It sounds like you have a bad case of Parked Motorcycle Syndrome (PMS.) Sorry. I can relate as I had a parked motorcycle much of last summer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you have a bad case of Parked Motorcycle Syndrome (PMS.) Sorry. I can relate as I had a parked motorcycle much of last summer.
Right you are sir. AND I have a (new to me) 2010 gl1800 just sitting in the garage wondering where the hell I went to.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
i feel for you, we all should appreciate it even more when we ride. all of our riding days are numbered

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have had my right shoulder operated on twice (5 and 6 years ago ).I did not wait long enough after opp and i am paying for it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had my right shoulder operated on twice (5 and 6 years ago ).I did not wait long enough after opp and i am paying for it.
Oh I'll wait the time out. It's pretty obvious once I try to pick that heavy beast up off the side stand that the shoulder is nowhere near ready. Just frustrating that I'm missing some of the best riding season here in the Plains. I'm able to do small stuff on the bike, new battery, belly pan, hardwire my GPS in but no HEAVY stuff that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Two words for you, REFRAIN, and then REFRAIN. I went through much of the same with a wrist injury. Plenty of stuff was messed up, and long story short, 8 months. It still had a way to go after that, but was cleared for work and normal activity. It was a long rehab thanks to the surgeon waiting so long to do the MRI and get me in to a hand Doc, where I needed to be, but the setbacks from over doing it were frustrating. The PT even stayed on me about hitting the brakes and letting her do what she did. I'd nominate that woman for sainthood if i could.
In the end, just as strong and mobile as before the injury, but it was a BIG lesson in patience.
You'll get there.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm dying here. My shoulder feels great until I try to pick the bike up and realize the Dr. wasn't kidding when he said 3 mos. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT UNTIL AUGUST!!!! :evil:
Sorry for venting but this is the second season I'm going to have very little riding in and it's pissing me off!
Hang in there, the time will go by quickly. Just think about the 90-100 degree temps you can avoid while rehabbing :thumbup:.
But on another note, the least another Wing-Riding-Okie can do is offer to come over from Tulsa and ride it for you just to keep battery and alternator working correctly. :joke::wrong:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hang in there, the time will go by quickly. Just think about the 90-100 degree temps you can avoid while rehabbing :thumbup:.
But on another note, the least another Wing-Riding-Okie can do is offer to come over from Tulsa and ride it for you just to keep battery and alternator working correctly. :joke::wrong:

I knew this forum was full of helpful people. Especially Okies!!!:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts