GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has long been my realization that bikes of one sort or another have played a significant part in my life for many more years than I care to admit. As I was cleaning out my garage today my son lined up these bikes (OK, OK, for you anal people out there the first ones a trike) and had me take this picture. Although there would be many, many more cycles added to the list, it graphically demonstrates how a big part on my/our lives they really are. I will ride till the day I die and if it happens to be a day I am riding than I will die doing something I love. How many people can say that?!! (I know, not many if they are dead)

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
WOW! that old dream brings back the memories. My first bike was a 150 dream. I was 9 when I got it.

I know what ya mean. My whole life my grandma has nagged me to get rid of my bike before that thing kills ya. I always tell her the same thing: I know it's gonna kill me someday, just make sure yall dig a big enough hole to bury it with me cause I'm gonna want to ride it when I get to where I'm goin. :)

·
15 year Member
6,906 Posts
RRIXX said:
It has long been my realization that bikes of one sort or another have played a significant part in my life for many more years than I care to admit. As I was cleaning out my garage today my son lined up these bikes (OK, OK, for you anal people out there the first ones a trike) and had me take this picture. Although there would be many, many more cycles added to the list, it graphically demonstrates how a big part on my/our lives they really are. I will ride till the day I die and if it happens to be a day I am riding than I will die doing something I love. How many people can say that?!! (I know, not many if they are dead)

Hummm... RED trike, RED bike, RED Dream, BLUE WING??!!! What happend, I am only talking for me , but I've gots to know..........

Matt(Ashland,MA) :D

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
galute said:
WOW! that old dream brings back the memories. My first bike was a 150 dream. I was 9 when I got it.
I just bought the Dream from 5Ross. I have wanted one since I was 16. It only took me 40 years to get it. My mother wouldn't let me buy the first one, I'm not telling her about this one.

Wasn't the smaller Dream a 160? For some reason that sticks in my head.

mr.b said:
Where's that old Harley you bought last year?
I never bought the Harley. At the time my two oldest boys needed financial help and I couldn't see me buying something I didn't need when they needed help. I told my cousin's wife to go ahead and sell it and she sold it within 1 day.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
rrixx wrote:
Mine was a '64 model 150. But I think you're right. Seems like they made both.

·
15 year Member
6,906 Posts
RRIXX said:
Matt(Ashland said:
Hummm... RED trike, RED bike, RED Dream, BLUE WING??!!! What happend, I am only talking for me , but I've gots to know..........

Matt(Ashland,MA) :D
The fast side won me over........
AHHHH now I understand!!

You got to check out the new metallic blue.... me's think you'll LOVE it!!!

The Dream my Dad had was a 305...

Matt(Ashland,MA) :wink:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Odd, I would have thought your boyhood bicycle would have been one of those numbers with a front wheel 6' in diameter and a teeny weenie rear wheel.

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
RRIXX,
I can certainly understand your passion for two wheels. I have been riding for most of my adult life. With me though, I could easily walk away from it if I had to, even though I would miss it. Even though I am only in my 40s, with my bad knees, I can see that happening much earlier than it does for others, and trikes don't interest me. I can easily find other things that I would enjoy just as much. Maybe I will have that Corvette someday, and spend my weekends golfing. (I gave up golf to get the Wing)

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I see myself in that same light. You never know what is in store for yourself but I don't see myself quiting riding for anything short of not breathing.

Of course I hope that is a ways off!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread and this one being on multiple bikes seemed to fit. In the truck this morning and stopped for gas. A 1200 also stopped, so went over to talk to the guy. I've seen him several mornings when I was on my bike. Anyway, we talked for a few minutes. He said he got the Wing in March and has put about 14,000 miles on it riding to work. He rides about an hour each way to work.

He also said he had a Harley that he used to go bar hopping, but that it was too rough to ride every day to work. One for comfort and one for image.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Funny how the world goes around in circles.
You start on a trike in diapers.
And you end on trike in diapers...
:wink:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!...i liked that...tooooooo funny...

·
Registered
37 Posts
my first bike was a white dream....thought it was a 160 also...that dream was by far THE fastest bike in the world (hehehe) until I raced that last car and missed 3rd gear while powershifting...tranny said "thats all folks"...lol

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
Funny how the world goes around in circles.
You start on a trike in diapers.
And you end on trike in diapers...
:wink:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!...i liked that...tooooooo funny...
I'm with Jerry. That was funny. I'm not sure the trike guys would be as amused, but hey......

·
Registered
58 Posts

Yep.... back then it was called a 160 Scrambler. Had one for a short time and sure wish I had it back.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It looks good in that picture. Now if you just had a red 1800 it would all go together a little better. :wink: :wink:

Arnbutt, I hope that someday I will be able to ride a trike even if I have to wear the diaper thingy............LOLOL>>>>>>>>> That was good...It actually makes sense too........... :wink: :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts