GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN regards to the thread http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294597 I found out last night when the tire was changed and I was able to verify the DORAN TPS was, in fact functioning, the ENTIRE 204 mile trip was done, in the dark with the tire flat for the entire trip.

Rather than comment on the rider, accept that the ride was done out of necessity, there was no way it could be avoided, it was not a joy ride (Who would make a ride like that alone for fun at night)

How do you like that tire and the peace of mind now?

Ain't no way I am going back to a round tire now!

I wish I would have known the tire was flat before the ride o the ride could have been avoided but it was sure nice to have the extra insurance.

Flame away if you need to but you'd better have your big boy panties on ALL the time. And I will always be your best friend.

·
Registered
425 Posts
A safe ride on a BMT? :wrong: Didn't you crash n burn???? :joke:

Like I said on the other string, congrats on making it a safe trip. Twas the tire that saved your bacon!

Good luck on the job search too! Hope something turns up real soon and real good!

·
Registered
425 Posts
wow. Well, there ya go. It proves that air is better then no air. every time. Glad you made it home and Glad *I* have a run flat on my Wing. :thumbup:

Only 20,000,000? Cant' touch mine for that! But for 21,000,000 I'll deliver it! :joke:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Way to go, Lynn.

That's one of the MAIN reasons I'm a friend of Darth Vader.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Glad you're around to tell the story.:thumbup:

·
DSI Keeper
9,183 Posts
Glad you told the rest of the story. Things happen, I am good with that. We just need to know how that tire wore like that. Like Travelinlite, I have kissed my wearbars after a long afternoon playing in the mountains and got into the cords on the side. Not one sign of separation, tho. That fact is very important to me.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Lynn i am very happy to know the rest of the story. I looked at those pix of your's for awhile after I posted and the more I looked the more my statement about being wore did not look right . I beg your forgiveness:oops: I did remember Rockies pix from a while back and my Kumho looking like that I was playing with different air pressures at end of tire life. My bad :shock: Very glad run flat tire did run flat for you all the way home with no problems :thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just wanted clarification on Doran TPMS (thinking about ordering). Are you indicating that the Doran system was working properly and was reading 0 PSI before you started the trip?

If so, does the Doran system not light up (to be able to read pressures) at night? Also, I'm assuming that you did not install the red warning light that comes with some kits (your kit may not have had light or you may not have installed). If you did install the light, did it not go off?

Interested in if there was a way for the Doran system to warn you of pressure loss.

Glad you made it home - and glad these RF's work. Any info / insight you have on the Doran system would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad you made it home safe.... I commented on the other thread then realized it had been continued here... But you answered my questions... Be safe :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
"To err is human, to survive is Darkside." ~ Darth Pope

·
Registered
9,391 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted clarification on Doran TPMS (thinking about ordering). Are you indicating that the Doran system was working properly and was reading 0 PSI before you started the trip?

If so, does the Doran system not light up (to be able to read pressures) at night? Also, I'm assuming that you did not install the red warning light that comes with some kits (your kit may not have had light or you may not have installed). If you did install the light, did it not go off?

Interested in if there was a way for the Doran system to warn you of pressure loss.

Glad you made it home - and glad these RF's work. Any info / insight you have on the Doran system would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I aapologize for disappearing for so long. The DORAN showed --- instead of zero and did not show the red warning as it should have. I have not had time to troubleshoot that but it is on my to do list for this week.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
I just got around to reading your story Lynn...both the original thread and this follow-up one.

Nice that things turned out well -- and a perfect example of why we do what we do when it comes to using BMT's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts