GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, hey do any of you own a ambassador that would be willing to let my wife and myself take a look at it, were getting ready to purchase and its a pretty hefty investment to make based on a brochure or web look see. I live in the pittsburgh pa area. Thanks joe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Aspen Ambassador

Hello Joe, I bought a new Aspen Classic last year and picked it up at their open house. I did a lot of shopping before I bought it and I know now that the Aspen line of trailers is the best out there. The people at www.trailmasterinc.com are very helpful. Give Peggy a call at 1 800 398 9090 and ask her if she can give you a name of an owner near you.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep, Peggy is very helpful!

IMO the Clasic is a lot easier to setup and is more functional than the ambasador but that's me...

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Joe;

When I was searching for a tent trailer last year, I thought Aspen Ambassador was what I wanted. When I contacted an Ambassaor owner he asked why did I want such a big trailer? Even though he had an Ambassador, he recommended the Aspen Classic.

The Classic has a king-size bed whereas the Ambassador has two full-size "fold-out" beds and optional "Queen" extension. The Classic weighs 325 lbs. empty while the Ambassador is 40 lbs. heavier at 365 lbs.

I've never used (or even seen) an Ambassador, but I'm very pleased with the Classic.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the tip, i will give her a call and see if she can do that for me, as for the classic it is our other choice but we really like the hardtop and the off the ground feature. We have a older kwik camp and love the fact that theres no tenting on the ground but you can not stand up in it and its a little cramped for two. Thanks again joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts