GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I blew the fuse. Can anyone tell me what amp fuse and which one it might be?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Varies a bit by the year of the bike .

Pull the left side cover, you will see the fuse panel, it is marked on the panel cover.

Some are 5 amp, some are ten.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Accessory socket fuse is located under the left bin on the dash, if its the honda plug it takes a 3 amp old style glass fuse. It is only designed for phones and i-pods, not compressor and air pumps, wiring is too small for high demand stuff.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I blew the 3 Amp fuse a couple times, finally replaced it with a 5 Amp and never failed again. :yes1:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think I blew the fuse. Can anyone tell me what amp fuse and which one it might be?
I just had this problem and recently posted the fix that applied to my bike.

The socket in the left hand fairing pocket, if that is the one you are referring to, had an in-line 2 amp old style glass fuse in line behind the socket. It is accessed by lifting out the bin. When I blew this fuse, it did not also blow out the 5 amp fuse related to this circuit in the fuse box; which I believe is the purpose of the in-line lower amp fuse.

Some others posted on the thread I started that there are two sockets available from HDL; one with an in-line fuse (like mine) and one not. My tech indicated he had never seen the socket installed on a wing that did not have the in-line fuse, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts