GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday started with Denny Paffel like hours, well, only after he has slept in . . . . I arose at 4am and quickly mounted my trusted Blue steed.

With retina burners blazing I headed west on Newark Road/Hwy 81 to meet up with John Wendorf in Dubuque. No deer were up wandering around at that hour so tracks were made as I arrived at 6:05am in D-Que. John arrived a few minutes later and we jumped back on Hwy 151 to continue our trek. Watching our Zumo/XM weather radar maps, we noticed a band of rain in western Iowa, but just as with Moses and the Children of Israel when they approached the Red Sea, the clouds parted as we got to them and no rain fell upon us.

Continuing down the road we soon found ourselves in need of a turn around spot. We decided that Rod's Powersports in Lincoln, NE was a good choice. After kicking some tires there, purchasing 4 of them, loading them into John's Bushtec (yes, you can get 4 rear wheel/tire units from an 1800 in there), we saddled up once more.

Stopped for supper at Maxine's Diner in Altoona, IA where I had the Philly Steak sandwich with fries. This arrived at our table on a pizza platter. It was HUGE!!! John opted for the BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich which he said was good as well.

Gas prices were as low as $3.39 and as high as $3.63. If you take the cup from a previous Casey's General Store inside to refill it, they only charge $.89 for a 32 oz Diet Pepsi. However, too many of those create extra stops with the last one being in Verona, WI at a Kwik Trip. I elected to not purchase another DP at that location as I didnt want to stop again.

Arrived home safe and sound at 1:26am, completing 1029 miles in less than 21 hours.

Life be good!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Curtis.. You gotta tell us BEFORE you invade our territory! :wrong:I felt a disturbance in the force yesterday, I just didn't know what it was til now. Seriously, if I had known, i would have cleared the schedule and bought your lunch in Lincoln... Next time!

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
...Arrived home safe and sound at 1:26am, completing 1029 miles in less than 21 hours.
Congrats! :thumbup:

Similar to the 1040-odd miles I rode a couple of Saturday's ago...along with wind, rain, hail...fun times right there!

I needed beauty sleep, so I hustled thru mine in 16:13.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Oh boy, now Rail will be pouting for a week when he reads this
Naw I am way,way ahead of him on miles ! My only worries are Greg,lab rider, and GlGene. The rest are all bluffing. ;) sounds like a great day Curtis but are you sure you ate enough:lol:. I worked 10 hours, rode 53 miles, showered,slept a bit,and started over again today. WEE fun hu ?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naw I am way,way ahead of him on miles !

Prove it . . . .

and you need to add Cycledude to your worry list . . . .

:twisted:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Prove it . . . .

and you need to add Cycledude to your worry list . . . .

:twisted:
Naw I'm good :thumbup: fat lady isn't even warmed up yet to start singing. Besides this is a blast to watch daily. Ok I will fess up I am 10000 miles behind leaders oh wait I need to add my 1200 on first 1800 this year so I am only 8200 miles behind self proclaimed leaders this year :popcorn::lol: this is almost better than riding oh wait I am :thumbup:;) but wait George knows my above milage statement is a lie , bummer oh well we will see December 31 I guess. Gotta go see ya .

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:roll:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts