GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the GL2way system last week and did ti without taking the cowl off. I reached under the cowl at the front to make the connection. after I did that, I tested the CB and it worked. This week I removed the cowl for the first time to wire in the GPS. I put it all together last night and everything works except the CB. When I push the CB utton on the radio, nothing happens. No CB in the display. I reconnected everything, the two big plugs on the bottom of the radio and the antennea. I also reconneced the intercom under the left pocket. Before I take it all apart again, any suggestions on what I might have missed?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Email Pete at BikeMP3 website, he will get you sorted out in no time.

In the meantime, check all of your connections to make sure the 'pins' in the connections are pushed all the way in the connection. Just a thought.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,203 Posts
Leave the key off, then try pulling out fuse #22 and wait a minute, reinstall it and see if the CB will work. This resets the clock on the dash, your radio presets and sometimes straightens out hung up CBs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you push your CB button to make sure it was turned on? I know that sounds funny but it can be turned off by holding it down when you don't want the CB on. As previoiusly stated it may need a reset. I disconnected my battery positive cable by removing the side cover to do this when I had problems with my GPS that would not turn on and it reset and all was well now. This happened when I was installing my GL2way. :popcorn:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Depress the push to talk button 3 times. Maybe you have it on FRS mode and not CB mode....

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I installed the GL2way system last week and did ti without taking the cowl off. I reached under the cowl at the front to make the connection. after I did that, I tested the CB and it worked. This week I removed the cowl for the first time to wire in the GPS. I put it all together last night and everything works except the CB. When I push the CB utton on the radio, nothing happens. No CB in the display. I reconnected everything, the two big plugs on the bottom of the radio and the antennea. I also reconneced the intercom under the left pocket. Before I take it all apart again, any suggestions on what I might have missed?
Sounds like the front connection is not made the connectors we have been getting lately are fairly tight investigate it and make sure its clipped in.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Pete. I did have a lot of trouble making the front connection but I finally got it. You are correct. It is tight. This was done and tested prior to removing the cowl. It was working before I removed the cowl. Once I put it back on, I pushed the CB button and nothing happened on the display. Stereo and icom both work but I cannot get the CB to work. I reconnected the two plugs under the stereo and the anntenna wire but I cannot remember if there were two or three plugs on the stereo. I will take it all apart when I get back from my trip and check but wondered if there was something else I could do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts