GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the thermometer in the dash of an '05 stop working?:D
According to the thermometer at the house it was 2.5*F.
According to the radio it was 4*F.
35 Min. highway ride to work was invigerating! (no electrics... just layers) Need to get some wind breakers for the hands!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

No one knows???
Does it just quit when it gets to single digits?

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
122 is the high limit, I think, I can't remember what the low is right now but it has been discussed here before. I'll search.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yep...I've seen 14 degrees F many times as the minimum it will indicate. That was up in PA. Hopefully, I won't ever see it off scale low here in SC. :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I've seen 14 a few times here, thought I saw 10 also, but not sure. Coldest I've ridden in here in NC/SC is 4F on the way to work.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Daver, While you're waiting for your Gerbing gloves to arrive, try putting a layer of duct tape over the surfaces of your gloves that face to wind. Tops of fingers, etc. It helps, but not as good as heated gloves.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks sid, Good Idea, but I'm a little hesitant to start sticking a bunch of Duct tape to my olypia gloves! I was actually thinking about stretching some surgical gloves over them....

Also going to look at snowmobile gloves, maybe the penguin ones with only two 'fingers'...

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
I saw 38 on mine once

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
daver said:
Thanks sid, Good Idea, but I'm a little hesitant to start sticking a bunch of Duct tape to my olypia gloves! I was actually thinking about stretching some surgical gloves over them....

Also going to look at snowmobile gloves, maybe the penguin ones with only two 'fingers'...
I have a better idea :?: .......Drive the cage to work and forget about the wing when it's that cold........gee's you make me cold just reading your post :wink:

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
daver said:
Does the thermometer in the dash of an '05 stop working?:D
According to the thermometer at the house it was 2.5*F.
According to the radio it was 4*F.
35 Min. highway ride to work was invigerating! (no electrics... just layers) Need to get some wind breakers for the hands!

I am not a weatherman or a motorcycle temperture expert but from what I am reading I would say it stops working at or around 2.5 degrees and 4 degrees..... It is just a hunch though..

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im not sure at what temp it picked up again. It was around -14 with the windchill when I started this morning, and finally got a reading of 14 a few hours later. Wasnt able to catch any lower numbers.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, it read 19 and 20 on the way home, but I don't know when it started reading...
Unfortuantelly my boss wouldn't aprove my time card to sit in the parkinglot this AM and wait for the temp gauge to start reading! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
two other wings that I ride with, as well as mine,register nothing at all...none of the temp. guages have ever worked. Two of 'em were bought new...When its cold out, we know it, when its hot out, we know it..lol

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aw come on Mike, where would be the fun in that... anyone can drive the cage! (so long as the roads are clear, I intend to ride!)

JIT,
Have them check the connector behind the right pocket... Mine was loose from dealer too... easy to get to!

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
From my the owners manual:

The temperature sensor is located in the upper fairing. Therefore, the
temperature reading can be affected by heat reflection from the road surface,
engine heat, and the exhaust from the surrounding traffic. This can cause on
error in the temperature reading when your speed is under 19 mph (30 km/h).
Below 14°F ( 10°C)‘‘- -’’ is displayed.
Above ‘‘122°F (50°C)’’ The display will remain and blink ‘‘122°F (50°C)’’
:D

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Not much of a boss if he could not fund a scientific experiment!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
Daver, try hippohands.com and also grip heaters from Electrical Connection.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts