GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelieavable. We get a little bit of snow and the city shuts down. I live about 60 miles north and its snowing pretty good. Cole's school is closed for the day. Looks like I have a cold, wet snowy day for me.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Well it's about time :wink: :wink: You guys have been bragging about all your fantastic riding while the rest of us have been catch as catch can kinda riding :wink: :lol: :lol:

Our schools were all closed Tues because of the wind and drifting. We are also getting more right now. I guess I will have to get the snowblower going when I get off work.

Have fun....

Ross

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH OK, So this is how you feel when it snows? Lets see, I wont be working today. Gonna play with the ol boy outside, then come in and make a nice fire for mommy, then play on the computer, hope to get the bike waxed today. Why do yall complain about these days.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Living in Florida I have one question. What is Snow, temp today is forecast to be 75

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Snoppy,Snoppy, Snoppy....rubbing it in some more are we!!
Life's a Beotch!

Tisk,tisk! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: ours is on the way for tonight,its not fair,(stomping feet)OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The grass is not even covered, and they just called and said school is closed. This is our third day this month, and we have yet to have over an inch of snow at one time. We get five days per year, and after that we have to make them up at the end of the year. It's looking like a good day for a warm fire and a nap. Some one has to do it. :lol:

·
Registered
691 Posts
You poor thing. Don't you just hate having the day off and can't ride ??? I think I will go watch Lewis finish building his bike. Hedo is right, Lewis is not the only one with prints on that bike, Nacho's prints are all over it.

Charlie

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
My assistant is iced in (Pickens County).

It was a slippery ride in on the ice but the Cooper never protested. Traffic was so light (pussies) that I got to work early.
I have a 1000kVA genset that's itchin' to run. C'mon winter!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hehehehehehe
I live in Barrow county and work 65 miles north in Stephens county and I'm the only one at work!! I drove right past 3 other co-workers homes and they called in. I think its best that way though. As usual there were a bunch of cars in the woods, ditches etc. I grew up in MA and they didn't even start plowing 'til we had 6 inches on the ground. I told my co-workers yesterday that weather was never an excuse to be out/late for work it was just part of life and deal with it. We had to shovel our driveway/clean off our car in storms before going to bed then get up early and do it again including clearing all the snow/ice/crap that the plows left blocking your driveway and be to work on time.
Don't forget how they all run out and buy up all the bread and milk???? what's up with that???? At the worse your house bound for the morning then it melts but they really overreact.
Nice people and I"ve been enjoying it here 15 yrs though.

Steve

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whew, Just took another nap with my baby. Man that felt good. My son is going to play in the slush with another friend. He can have at it. I am going to sit on the computer and order some stuff for me, I hope I dont go broke!
I drove to get my usual breakfast this morning, Paul shutup, and then drove up 400 to the end. It wasnt too bad but a tad worse than at my house. Gotta love all wheel drive vehicles.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well we don't have snow here in Northwest Alabama but we sure do have some ICE, it kinda looks like snow but when I went to get the paper I found out that it was ice and really slippery too, think I will stay home and clean the bike today -- course I don't have to go to work anyway --- retired!!!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Snoppy said:
Living in Florida I have one question. What is Snow, temp today is forecast to be 75
I would hate to live by you Snoopy. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees here today. I don't know how you do it.

:D

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Light snow isn't so bad...especially if it kinda crunchy the tires seem to bite pretty good. It is when there is warm, wet snow or ice that I have to park for awhile. I pulled into a gas station the other day during a short but fierce snow sqall and got some strange looks from the 4 wheel crowd...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts