GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, golly gee it's me again 1 year later.

Heading to FL again and dang if it isn't Super Bowl Sunday that we would be going through/around Atlanta. Will I-75 & I-285 both be affected by Super Bowl traffic?

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Drive through during 1/2 time. Everyone will be flushing their toilets.
They are Big Feetball fans down there doncha know... :laugh:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Depends !!!!

Depends on the time. If early morning hours, yes I-75 will be the best bet through ATL. Several hours prior to the game starting, I-75 will be a nightmare north and south bound. I-285 will be backed up and slow around I-20 either eastside or westside. I-20 / I-75 connector would not even consider a few hours before the game. If you'll be coming through in the weeeeeeee hours of the night / morning, then you should be good to go. Anytime after 6:00 p.m. until about the third quarter on I-285 (East) to I-675 around the southside of ATL back to I-75 South will be the best bet.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you are coming I-75 S and would prefer a stress free route around ATL.
Exit I-75 at Commerce/441 South to Athens GA. Stay on 441/129 to Madison. Take Business 441 thru Madison, pick up GA 83 South to Monticello and continue to Forsyth.
Dumps you out just North of Macon and is a nice drive.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Atlanta is a pain in the butt most of the time-when I decide to go through or around it's always in the wee hours of the night and early mornings 0130-0345 and it is nice Winging times for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts