GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're heading to the gulf coast of Fl from IL passing through/around Atlanta this coming Saturday. In the past Saturday was never a problem just staying on I-75 for traffic. Is that still the case?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Likely your best bet, but, its always a crap shoot. Check local traffic once you get to about Dalton (maybe) on WSB 750 AM, and guess from there. For what it is worth, through trucks are suppose to use I-285, and go around Atlanta, not through it. I-285 is always full of trucks.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Likely your best bet, but, its always a crap shoot. Check local traffic once you get to about Dalton (maybe) on WSB 750 AM, and guess from there. For what it is worth, through trucks are suppose to use I-285, and go around Atlanta, not through it. I-285 is always full of trucks.
Thank you, grayelky

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Yupp, wee hours are best

At 4am it should be fine, after that good luck.
:agree: Totally-hated it when I came through 3pm-ish...my fault never again! Only in the wee hours of the morning if I route through Atlanta

Reactions: Road Runner

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
:agree: Totally-hated it when I came through 3pm-ish...my fault never again! Only in the wee hours of the morning if I route through Atlanta
The last time I went through ATL when I got home I removed ATL from my GPS so that it will never route me through that mess again, I HATE driving through ATL!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I guess its just my luck but every time I have gone through Atlanta it has been in the middle of the night and the rain has been bouncing 2 1/2 feet off the freeway. I think that's why I put going through there in the same list as Chicago and Detroit. I just couldn't imagine driving there in the rain at rush hour.
Have as safe trip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts