GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am a/w for my '04 GL 1800 to arrive (about 2 weeks), I am trying to figure out the colors of helmets available from Shoei. Does anybody know if the color - Anthracite (Shoei RJ Air) comes close to matching the titanium color on the GL 1800? What color are folks matching with this Honda color - any suggestions? All the dealers in my area are unable to advise - go figure. I am certainly looking forward to riding again. first time back on the bike in 12 years. Before that, rode sport touring for 17 yrs. This will be my first Goldwing, and from what I have read in the message board, I made a good choice. I picked this helmet basis the brochure from honda. I understand this helmet works well with the mike / intercom system. Any other helmets I should consider in the open face department? Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Helmets

I bought the HJC Symax becaue of the direct match for the Candy Red and removable inner liners for cleaning. I don't believe that the Syncrotec liner can be removed. The Symax comes in Silver but I don't know how close it is to the Honda color. You can call Helmet City and ask. http://www.helmetshop.com/ They had these helmets for $168.00 which is the cheapest that I found. Good luck and safe riding.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Helmets

I put down Helmet City and gave you Helmet Shops URL. I dealt with the Helmet Shop. They also have pretty good prices on the Syncrotec. Sorry about the mistake.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If your looking for a Shoei check out HDL. 329 for the syncrotec delivered to your door. Just ordered 3 of them. Best price I could find on the net.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well, if the 2004 Honda brochure for the Wing is any indication, it appears that Shoei makes an open-face helmet in a color to perfectly match the 04 titanium. And if they can do it in an open face, I presume they can and do do it in a full-face helmet as well. (The photo of the couple riding the titanium in the brochre shows that their matching Shoei helmets even have "GoldWing" stenciled on the lower border.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts