GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 counties in Wi. Are under frost warning till 8 am I can almost hear your milage dropping off once you get back here in Wi. I do feel a little sad for you as I knew winter is coming soon this year ,but was not expecting it this soon.Next prediction is snow by end of Oct. Sorry John maybe next year ;):lol::tongue:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Keep dreaming buddy! Had light snow at 13,000 plus ft today! What's a little frost??

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
A what warning? Frosty? Does a Frosty go good with Darksider cookies?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
thermometer said 34 degrees this morning !!! :22yikes:

for the farmers around here i sure hope it doesn't freeze for at least couple more weeks $$$$$

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cycledude, I heard you walked out on your porch, noticed how cold it was and thought you were late getting to the Frontier in Amherst for breakfast. :coffee1: I know how you like those Tee shirts given out by Jwen. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how you like those Tee shirts given out by Jwen. :thumbup:
I got to stop wearing mine so much ,it's starting to fade from washing it. Yesterday in door county a harley guy asked me if that was some kind of put down. My reply was " do ya ride 12 months a year? ." he scuffed at me and walked away . Honestly I cannot believe I have not been punched yet for wearing it and mouthing off like I do ;)

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
400 miles today to get from Ouray to Pikes Peak.

Over 200 in the rain and alot from 42* to 59* at altitude.

The locals here at the motel have mixed opinions as to whether we will be able to ride up tomorrow. Somee say if it snowed it will melt early others say at the top it is sure to have snowed with the rain all day and made some ice so will have to see in the morn.

Wolf Creek Pass was ausome and would like to do it again.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
it will b interesting to hear if they let u ride up in the morning, if its icey maybe u could save some gas by sliding down

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
400 miles today to get from Ouray to Pikes Peak.

Over 200 in the rain and alot from 42* to 59* at altitude.

The locals here at the motel have mixed opinions as to whether we will be able to ride up tomorrow. Somee say if it snowed it will melt early others say at the top it is sure to have snowed with the rain all day and made some ice so will have to see in the morn.

Wolf Creek Pass was ausome and would like to do it again.
42 and rain :eek:4: that's icky . I vote you as a tough rider, not toughest but keep working at it :twisted:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
it will b interesting to hear if they let u ride up in the morning, if its icey maybe u could save some gas by sliding down
Gee thank's Mike!!!!!

I appreciate the money saving idea:eek:4: LOL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
42 and rain :eek:4: that's icky . I vote you as a tough rider, not toughest but keep working at it :twisted:
Yes it sucked for sure:eek:4: I will say that without rain pants on and no heated top it was more than I cared to ride in. I did cry uncle and we stopped and the last 60 miles we put our Gerbing tops on and I changed out my gloves for some dry ones and was a happy camper!!!!!!!!!

The woman were glade I said to pull over. We found a gas station with a decent overhang and were able to change some gear but Frank just kept his mesh coat and a rain coat on and that makesa him a tough rider for sure or an alien like George:wrong:

Should mention that alot of this after the passes was at 65mph:eek:4:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Remember if you are going over a pass that maybe icy you don't want to be the first rider. It is nice to follow a couple of other cycles by a half mile or so. :lol:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
It was 50 and a little rain going around Black Canyon yesterday. I almost stopped and put on a jacket. Several people actually had gloves on. John Black Canyon is awsome.

George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts