GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you probably know, it is impossible to find a deal on Gerbing products. However, I found an online site that offers a 20% 'first time buyer' discount on almost everything they sell. Gerbings were not excluded. So I just orderd a full set, controller and all. The checkout did the discount and accepted the order. No sales tax either because I'm not in Illinois. The discount is available until 12/01. The coupon code is NC123106. The URL is http://www.vespaedwardsville.com/ So, unless you have bought from this Vespa dealer before, there is some significant savings to be had.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for the information, had been holding off on a couple of controllers and gloves, ordered today.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think they are. The have a thinner profile, an dyet provide good comfort in the cold.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The first time that I checked, the pop up for the coupon was displayed. I closed my browser and when I went back it didn't come up again :?

Could some one give me the discount code to place an order?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Morph said:
Could some one give me the discount code to place an order?
It's in the first post. :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Little help here - interested in the liner, G3 Gloves and I assume the dual portable temp controller (which is not listed). What else is need to connect to the bike? I will be using this with a VTX as well.

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Thanks again for posting this info. Just ordered a set of jacket liners and controllers for the wife and I. Living in Texas, I have never felt the need for electrics, but the last couple of trips we have managed to end up riding in below freezeing temps. Hopefully this will cut down on the complaints from the back seat :D

The coupon saved me over $100!

·
Registered
220 Posts
How does the widder that HDL sells compare with the gerbings. Seems Hal has a better deal on the widder heated apparel. http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =715500210

Apparel > Heated Clothing Select Category: - Select - **Coupon Accessories Accessory Mounts Apparel Armrests Audio/CB Backrests Battery/Charger/Meter Bearings Brakes Chemicals Chock/Tie Downs Chrome Acc.-Cockpit Chrome Acc.-Front Chrome Acc.-Rear Cleaning & Polish Covers Cup Holder Electrical Exhaust Fender Ext./Mud Flaps Filters Flagpoles & Flags Gauges Gift Certificate Gifts/Novelties Grips Handlebars/Risers Helmet Locks Helmets Horn Kickstand License Plate Lights Luggage Luggage Racks Manual/Catalog MC Golf Bag Oil & Chemicals Pegs & Floorboards Remote cover Safety Devices Seats Security Spark Plug Spoiler SUN PROTECTION Suspension Tire Repair Tires Tools Trailer Hitch Trunk Handle Warranty Wheels Windshield / Air Deflectors
Part# Depends On Selection
Gears Gen X Heated Vest. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $114.14
Click here for options on this product.
Widder Heated Arm Chaps. Must use with System 1 or 2 Vest. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $81.45

Widder Heated Chaps. Requires Widder System 1 or 2 Vest. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $105.90
Widder Heated Gloves. Requires Widder System 1 or 2 Vest w/ No Arm Chaps. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $108.71

Widder Heated Gloves. Does Not Require Heated Vest or Arm Chaps. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $126.37
Widder Heated Gloves. Requires Widder System 1 or 2 Heated Vest and Arm Chaps. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $93.12

Widder Lectric-Heat System1 Vest. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $215.14
Widder Lectric-Heat System 2 Vest. Select Size Below. FREE SHIPPING

Our Price: $237.09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
It probably depends on who you ask. I think Widder and Gerbing are both popular.

The main difference I saw, is that the Gerbing jacket liner included sleeves, with the Widder, you have to pay extra for the detachable sleeves. The Gerbing also has a collar that comes up around your neck, the standard Widder doesn't.

Gerbing Liner

Widder Liner

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you order the jacket liner, it comes with the wire necessary to connect to the bikes battery. You will need a controller to adjust the heat. BELIEVE ME they get HOT!

Fred, you are correct with the collar. THat is the one thing the wife loves!

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
My thinking was this. If it is cold enough for me to need an electric jacket liner, it is probably cold enough that I will want sleeves and a collar. And since this is the only liner I plan on carrying, sleeves will be a requirement.

It will be interesting to see how these work under my mesh jacket, as that is typically all we take when we go on a long trip. I may need to add a thin waterproof/windbreaker to go between the Gerbing and the mesh jacket.

The problem we have, is that when we take off for 3 weeks, there isn't room for a seperate set of hot and cold riding gear, and we typically will cross Death Valley at over 100 degrees at one point in the trip and then may go through Glacier Park at 28 degrees. We need one set of gear that can go through both. Mesh jackets with liners and thermal underwear has worked for us but it can get a little cool below about 40. We have been using those chemical heat packets in our boots and gloves, and that helps, but I am hoping with this Gerbing liner that maybe we won't need so many layers.

Well see...

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I too, just placed my order! Jacket liner and gloves for wife and I. Thanks for the info, i have been thinking and shopping for a good price. As said before there are'nt any discounts available. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I can imagine this web site vendor checking their online purchases....... and finding 10k in Gerbing orders. :lol:

I will admit I ordered Gerbing items 3 weeks ago... dammit!

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
I can imagine this web site vendor checking their online purchases....... and finding 10k in Gerbing orders. :lol:
I think they are already on to us. She asked when I called if I was a Gold Wing rider. Apparently she (Judy) has had some other calls today about Gerbing gear from GW owners. :wink:

It is a great discount, but as mentioned above, they rake you on the shipping. I ended up paying about $35 to have two liners and controllers shipped. Seems awful steep to me considering how light they are.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts