GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the resturants closing because of virus outbreak. I came up with plan for Ride To Eat gatherings for Goldwing people. First group must be small. Second pick destination find a McDonald pull threw drive threw look for empty parking lot and stop to have lunch. Where there is a will there is a way.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Way to go, Jerry!

·
Vendor
16,014 Posts
With all the resturants closing because of virus outbreak. I came up with plan for Ride To Eat gatherings for Goldwing people. First group must be small. Second pick destination find a McDonald pull threw drive threw look for empty parking lot and stop to have lunch. Where there is a will there is a way.
Man ... I've been doing that without others for years !!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
One of the many ideas I've been considering, is to give a lat/long coordinates to one or two members in the group AFTER they join up. The group would then ride to the lunch location, most not knowing where they are going. The chosen site would most likely be a day use recreation area, which has upright bbq's, covered eating areas, vault toilets and water. Lots of these sites around Arizona. Tell the group to be at a specific location by a set time, where brats, dogs and hamburgers would be on the grill waiting for them. Have them bring their own cold drinks but everything else would be provided.

- David

·
Registered
64 Posts
One of the many ideas I've been considering, is to give a lat/long coordinates to one or two members in the group AFTER they join up. The group would then ride to the lunch location, most not knowing where they are going. The chosen site would most likely be a day use recreation area, which has upright bbq's, covered eating areas, vault toilets and water. Lots of these sites around Arizona. Tell the group to be at a specific location by a set time, where brats, dogs and hamburgers would be on the grill waiting for them. Have them bring their own cold drinks but everything else would be provided.

- David
If done it could be a kind of GPS rally. Each would have to determine their own route and time to leave in order to show up at destination at correct time.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,493 Posts
I'm hopeful that Hillbilly Slim's in the Ozarks will get set up in the coming weeks with picnic tables. I went by there yesterday and ordered a 1/2 slab of baby back ribs, took them over to the highway 7 overlook and ate at one of the picnic tables. (y) (y)

The owner told me he was going to put some picnic tables at the edge of the parking lot close to the road for people to sit outside. It would be necessary to place orders at the window on their porch, when ready they bring it out in to go boxes.

BTW: the picnic tables at the over look are at least 15-20 feet apart.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Try Baloney in Breifcase, it works good!! BoogerKing is better than McD's... BUT, McD's has better fries than Booger King😊😎🤪👍

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Two or three of us had been riding once a week and stopping at various restaurants for lunch. Then when the Covid-19 arrived we packed a lunch. Now, because we are told to remain home and isolate, we are doing our civic duty and staying home, or riding individually when necessary.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts