GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that all owners extol the virtue of the color of their bike. I am satisified I got the right color for me. Is there anybody of the Pearl Yellow persuasion who now wishes their bike was a different color? Any riders with other colors who feel the same way?

·
Registered
139 Posts
No, I keep coming back to the superior color of CANDY RED, :D :D I like the Candy Black Cherry as a close second :D... Isn't YELLOW the color of PANZIES :a13: LOL

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I like my Hotrod Pearl Yellow "bullet" :D would not have it, if I did not want it...end of story 8)

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
At first, I wanted a Pearl Blue Wing, but the yellow just kept growing on me. Now when folks pull up beside me at an intersection, roll down their window and say, "Dang man, I saw you coming for three blocks away", I know I got the RIGHT color.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Bees, wasp, and yellowjackets love the yellow color. Pulls them right out of flight patern to investigate. Take a drive through the kansas honey belt, miles and miles of flowers and criters. Yellows fast, and red is brash, but silver is always a flash!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yellow's the best. No regrets. I like the visibility. I like how easy it is to keep (and look) clean. It doesn't show micro-scratches the way dark paint does. Love it! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pearl Chromium Purple

I love my pearl chromuim PURPLE, but would have bought this bike if it only came in stripes and polka dots. It's that good. My dealer told me it was the new Illusion Blue when I bought it.
I don't mind having a color blind dealer,Yellow, black, blue, purple or whatever it's a great bike.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ride with a large group with all the colors of the 1800 represented as well as Valks and Venture Royals. It seems that the people we meet along the way are drawn to the yellow bikes far more than the other colors. For instance two weeks ago eight of us rode to the Moores Creek National battlefield located near Wilimington, NC for a reenactment. Several park rangers were handing out flyers as you drove into the parking areas. We had to stop for them, eight bikes, four rows, side by side, and one of the park rangers loudly proclaimed she wanted the yellow one! Made my day! That happens all the time. I don't know if its because they stand out in the crowd or if its because they genuinely like the yellow on its own merits. Either way I'm convinced I've got the right color!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I do like the Pearl Orange, and the 2-tone red of the older 1500's.
But still love my Pearl Yellow GL1800.
I also have to say that when we ride with other colored bikes, our's gets the most attention. :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Riding the BigYellowThing is just like riding a huge freaking smiley face. Women swoon, men go weak in the knees, children come running with laughing faces, dogs grin, and the birds sing sweeter when seeing a Yellow Wing.

Or, on the other hand, maybe it's just my winning personality.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Isn't YELLOW the color of PANZIES.
If you’re a REAL man you’ll buy Black and forever deal with the cheap Honda paint job trying to get rid of the ‘scratch’ virus. Real men don’t mind spending their lives in the garage polishing and waxing. It’s a manly kind of thing most don’t get. Maybe it’s way too much testosterone. Wax on: Wax off.
:bow: :blw1:

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
I would be very happy to own any of the colors. When I bought my 2001 yellow I was a bit worried that I might not like the color later on but thats not been the case. Yellow doesn't seem to sell as well around here and thats another reason I like it,it's a different color than most 1800's around here. After the deer accident I traded it for another YELLOW 2002.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yellow was the color I fell for at the 2001 Hoot Demo ride. Man, that bike looked cool. When I went shopping for mine last spring, I happened upon a deal for a new-in-the crate leftover 2002 Pearl Orange that was too good to pass up. I love the Pearl Orange and have figured out why it was a one year color. IT WAS TOO FAST !!!!!! Honda tried to slow them down in 2003 by changing the color but had to discontinue the orange altogether before things got out of hand. So there :D

markie

G

·
I love my pearl yellow, in fact I strive to have EVERYTHING yellow. If only fruit of the loom would jump on my band wagon

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I love my [yellow]YELLOW[/yellow]!!

I do like the illusion blue (blurple)... kinda matches my "deep amythist" Dodge Dakota. It would have been my second choice.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Illusion Red was the color of the first 1800 I ever laid eyes on, and when I saw the last one at the dealer in Peoria, I was sold. I do like the yellow's and orange's....and black and CBC, though. :lol:
:rw1:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My Yellow Wing

Went to WOTS last year, and while walking back out to the parking lot, I looked down the hill at 1000 wings and couldn't believe how much the yellow wings stood out.
Even if it is not your favorite color, there is no denying that it is the most visible wing made. If not, school busses would be candy red, silver, or black.
My favorite color is still silver, but it blends in with the roadway colors too much, in my opinion. My new favorite may be the RC51 model Hal is about to unveil.

:yw1:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts