GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your self a favor and save your knees cause I going to tell you I should have bought a motorcycle lift to clean bike and what a difference! If i would have done this 45 years ago my knees would be in alot better shape. So go ahead and get it you will never regret it!

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
If I buy a lift, I will only buy the type that they use in motorcycle shops. I've seen some very nice ones for $600.

The lifts that they sell at Sears for $100 concern me. I'm not putting an 800 pound bike up on one of those.

·
Registered
839 Posts
This is better

Save your money.

Save your knees and back.

Have your kids wash the bike for you. :lol:

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
very good advice Clinton, I have a homemade lift that I built back when they were very expensive to buy but after having one sure wouldn't want to be without one again,they are great. My preferance for home use would be the Pitbull lift. The $600 and up drive on lifts are nice too but no matter what brand caution and common sense is very important.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Schucks has one for $60, and I have no complaints. Does the same thing as the higher priced ones, just cheaper. And, before we get started, I have not heard of ANY brand failing. Heard a lot of "I feel betters", "its Tiawan made", etc, but no actual catastrophic failures.

But they do make maintenance easier for us Geritol types. It brings the Mountain to Mohamid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts