GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gearing up my barely used gl1800 for my wife & I. Has 2k miles on it now and factory shield at it's highest point beats the top of my helment with wind. Want to install a good shield that will break the wind well enough for me and my wife. Additionally, wish to go ahead and purchase my headsets w/ mikes for open face helments. Looking for good sound quality as I already have my iPod hooked up. Want to add a trailer hitch also. Prefer a type that the ball is removable for normal local cruising. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff Williams
Evansville, IN

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have the Tulsa windshield, it's much better than stock for blocking wing off of you and your passenger. You should also consider the Baker hand wings for blocking air off of you hands and arms and your passengers face. The hitch I have is the Dauntless, I've only had it a few months but so far I really like it. I too am looking for good headsets.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Jeff,
We have the Typhoon II tall shield and Tulsa hand wings. Seem to work quite well for my 5'-4" passenger.
We also have the J&M headsets installed in Shoei open face helmets. Good sound quality and seem very reliable.
Good luck, and let us know what you get.
Sorry, don't have a trailer yet! :shock:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Hi Jeff,

We went with the Cee Bailey (stock height) shield, Baker Mirror wings, home-made headsets and the Dauntless hitch.

(She also ended up with the Kury transformer passenger boards, adjustable risers, arm rests and a cup holder as well.)

I'm 5'10" - she's 5'4" and this combination works well for us.

Good luck on your quest!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I went with the Hondaline extra tall windshield to retain the stock look and the adjustability. I also have the Tulsa mirror wings and Baker wind wings.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trailer Hitch

I have heard good things on the Bushtec Hitch & it also comes with a isolater for the wiring. That is the route that I am going. Stock windshield
as the wife rides her own Black Cherry wing,and I like to be able to look over the shield. It is about 80/20 Slipstreamer over Tulsa for the folks wanting the tall windshields, price being the big factor. We both used Show Chrome wind deflectors top to bottom. It does help that she works a a bike shop, so we get to hear about all the brands and what people think are the best.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tulsa tall windshield form and Baker Wings. I'm 6'2" and wife is 5'2". Seems to work great for us.

Ken :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cee Bailey and Bakers

Hey Jon, How do you like the CeeBaily? I'm considering one. do some rain riding as well. How does it treat the co-pilot? Waht abaout bakers mirror wings compared to the Big Bike wings. I sure like the big bike look better but......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts