GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever have this happen.....ALL my audio buttons, volume, mode, tuning, aux, everything just quit working. However, my mute button worked, good thing ......there was no other way to turn off the music when I needed it quiet. Next time I shut down and restarted the audio buttons were fine. Was this just some glitch like a PC where it had to be rebooted ? Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah! Mine did, but it was the CB. The screen flashed "CB ERROR." I called the dealer and he said to disconnect the battery, wait 90 seconds, hook the battery back up, start the motor, and let it idle for 90 seconds, WITHOUT touching the throttle. Worked and never happened since. I guess, like you said, it needed rebooting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had same problem after having work done where the top shelter had to be removed. The plug into the back of the radio had to be re-installed. Everything was fine after that, even noise in the intercom went away.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
If you have the Hondaline Passenger Audio Controller, check it's CB PTT swiitch.

The sloppy mechanical movment frequently sticks and causes audio lock up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts