GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new gl2way and cannot use it with the radio or aux turned on. The audio feed back makes it unusable. When I turn the audio off the radio transmits and receives OK, with the exception of a chirp over the speakers. ANY IDEAS? I sure could use some ideas.:oops::oops:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Does the chirp occur when you end your transmit? If so that may be the roger beep. Feedback through the audio system???????
i remember when I had a heater on my export radio some time ago the audio came through the speakers in the rear of the car. Kinda gave me a free talk-back so I could hear my own audio. May want to post this in the electronics forum. Pete will address this.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Are you referring to a CB radio? Is that what you installed? Is it the airbag model bike? Honda has created a wiring harness with ferrite loads in it to stop the RF from cycling back into your audio system. There should be no charge for this item. It is installed under the seat in the audio circuit of the bike. Your shop should know how to do it.

I know about this because I bought one of the first airbag models and had the same problem. I was on the phone with Honda for two weeks before they admitted there was a problem and acutally created the first one for my bike. I wanted them to name it after me, but they declined.

JLK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts