GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally I'll take my 2610 from my truck and use it on my Goldwing. I got the power cable from CycleGadgets and I get the video just fine on the bike. there is a small input on that same cable that I assume is the 'audio out' for the GPS but I'm not sure what I'm to do with it.

I'm guessing that I could run a cable from there to my AUX lead in my left fairing pocket and then have the GPS audio through my speakers when I'm in the AUX mode on my bike. Is that right?

Ideally, I'd like to have the same kind of situation on my bike that I have in my truck with the audio on a separate speaker or in an "override" mode through the bike's audio system (speakers and/or headset).

I'm sure there are more than a couple options on how to accomplish either of these goals. What have you guys done that you'd like to share? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I bought a small weastherproof external speaker from Boater's World for about 20.00.I velcroed it to the clutch reservoir.I can hear it at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
One solution is as Bulldog states, which I have too, and works fine if you use a headset.

I am considering also mounting a "cigaette lighter" conveniently so I can also use it just like in an automobile. I don't always use a headset and would like the option.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the Kennedy site and like what they've done for riders who wear full helmets or better but, unfortunately, I'm not a part of that group. :(

I'm recently converted from no helmet to a half halmet so I think I might be better served with the separate external speaker at this point. Besides that shortcoming, I'd also like the option of using my GPS on my VTX1800 and that means no headsets or intercom or existing audio speakers of any kind. With the external speaker set up, I could use my GPS with audio on either bike.

If I get a small, efficient marine speaker, would I connect it to the round female connection on my 2610 power cord? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rider1 said:
Could you not use an ear bud or the headsets that hook around ear ?
I suppose I could, but I really don't want to. I guess I've become accustomed to the separate speaker through which I hear the GPS prompts without having to trade off any music options or be tethered to ear buds or the like.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You can input it into the aux in with an adapter of course, the size is smaller on gps, or wear a ear bud will work, I see the futur of all this stuff hooked up with blue tooth no wires !!!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Here is what I used - except they had a black one in the store I got instead of white as shown here.

It comes with a bracket and I zip tied it to the bottom lip of the 2610 gps mount - so it is right below the gps.

If interested let me know and I'll make some pictures for you.

This works good - at higher speeds you may not hear the prompt clearly - but you hear something and that will prompt you to look at the gps for the turn instruction. At lower speeds you can hear just fine. My biggest problem without the speaker is I'd just ride by turns forgetting about the gps - with the speaker it gets my attention no matter whatever other world my mind is in.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JokerGuy said:
Here is what I used - except they had a black one in the store I got instead of white as shown here.
Was there supposed to be a link included?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts