GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which 4 wire connector I need to find to connect my rear speakers to. The bike is an'06 and according to Chet at Rattlebars, the wiring may differ slightly from previous models. He does a very comprehensive writeup on speaker wiring, but the four pin black mini plug inside a rubber boot that he says to connect to just is not there on my bike. I hope there is someone who can shed some light on my problem.
Thanks y'all. :?

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Don't know if anyone Stateside can help. :( On the '01-'05 it was in a large blk boot right behind the bank of relays under the seat.

Our 06's come with rear speakers and 80w amp. :wink:

Good Luck.......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red, We poor Europeans only get front speakers so we're left fumbling when it comes to upgrades. Reckon I need a wiring schematic.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
C'mon, somebody out there with an '06 help this fellow. I directed him here. I assume you can find the rear connector by tracing from the amp, but I could be wrong.

Yer amp is under the trunk.

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Here's what I found in the '06 schematic. This is for models A, IIA, and CM. I can't tell where they are located. :( If not behind the relay bank maybe all the way back by the trunk or under the trunk. I think our amps plug in under the seat all the way back toward the trunk. I'd say our wiring is different though. Maybe totally different. :?

L/Rear Bu/Y + G/W -

R/Rear R/Y + Br/W -

Good Luck.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you one and all for your help. I won't be beaten and will keep PLUGGING away. Shoulda bought a US model. Slinks off scratching head.
:?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Mine are alerady wired also, but I'd guess ( i know that don't really help you much) that either the big boots under/around the relay box, or the one tucked under the frame sortof....on the left sidel may contain your harness. It of course has to come from the radio.....or the amp I guess......you guys get the amp??? again thera re several boots I guess you found out, but one it somewhat hidden under the frame adjacent to the relay box. It may only have fuel pump wiring I dont' know.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts