GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the other night that the left side of my audio control panel is not illuminated. The light behind the audio and CB swithces and down from there, appears to be out. The right side of this same panel is illuminated. Has anyone had this problem and if so how much is involved in replacing the bulb(s) in this area. Many thanks, Larry

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Radio Lights

Mike700 said:
Go to http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/radio for instructions on how to access the bulbs for the radio. You can order new bulbs but I don't have part #
Thanks for the info, Mike. Looks like a bit of work involved, may hold off for awhile until I have the shelter off. If anyone has done this job. let me know if it's a big project or not. Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
remove the top shelter and flip over. 8 screws hold the 2 halves of the shelter together, remove these. 2 screws hold the audio unit to the shelter, remove. 4 small black screws hold the face of the audio unit on, remove these. when you see the circuit board you will see 6 slotted parts in the circuit board, these are the bulbs. turn to remove. i replaced all six when 4 of mine went out, about three dollars per bulb. not as hard as it sounds. part number is 39111-mca-671

good luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kajunwing said:
remove the top shelter and flip over. 8 screws hold the 2 halves of the shelter together, remove these. ........ 39111-mca-671

good luck
Kajunwing, many thanks for the step-by-step, that's a big help and was just what I was looking for along with the info from Mike. Did you get the bulbs from Honda? Replacing all the bulbs is a damn good idea, thanks again for taking the time for the details. Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
got mine from my dealer, hdl can get these for you also. glad i was able to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts