GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this happen a couple of times yesterday
Connected to my iPhone playing music, then for some reason its losing connection and shows no music available. Did this several times and would not connect until I stopped and restarted the bike

I also had usb drive plugged in, picked a song but after it changed to another song the info on the screen showed the original song, not the new one. Tried this again and the same thing, also could not forward to next song with the <<>> controls. It must be the usb or the way the files are set on the usb. I am sure it's operator error as I am just learning the audio on my third short ride. Is it me?

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
471 Posts
..... picked a song but after it changed to another song the info on the screen showed the original song, not the new one. Tried this again and the same thing, also could not forward to next song with the <<>> controls.......
Not operator error, it is a known bug in the January Update.

There are lots of reports of this, and the fix is to switch the radio over to a different source like FM, unplug the USB, plug it back in, then switch the source back to USB Music, then it should be good.
I tried a USB formatted to Fat32 and another formatted to NTFS, and they both lock up ocassionally like yours did.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Yup, I experienced the same thing as well. Thanks for sharing the info hopefully Maw Honda has a fix upcoming.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love my Gold Wing, but for the life of me cannot understand how a company like Honda can put out and accept an audio system with such defects. Software "defects" like the one described in this thread, the enormous latency in Bluetooth music connection/selection while connected to an iPhone and the oftentimes lock up on Bluetooth music are extremely rare in today's world. Honda has the resources to quickly fix these simple problems. Bluetooth and USB connectivity are not new technologies. The first Bluetooth equipped phone was 18 years ago and USB technology started 23 years ago. Everyone and every company makes mistakes, but the sad reality is the company that manufactured our approx. $26,000 motorcycles doesn't care enough about their customers to fix the issues on a timely basis. If they did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Stepping down now from my soapbox :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my Gold Wing, but for the life of me cannot understand how a company like Honda can put out and accept an audio system with such defects. Software "defects" like the one described in this thread, the enormous latency in Bluetooth music connection/selection while connected to an iPhone and the oftentimes lock up on Bluetooth music are extremely rare in today's world. Honda has the resources to quickly fix these simple problems. Bluetooth and USB connectivity are not new technologies. The first Bluetooth equipped phone was 18 years ago and USB technology started 23 years ago. Everyone and every company makes mistakes, but the sad reality is the company that manufactured our approx. $26,000 motorcycles doesn't care enough about their customers to fix the issues on a timely basis. If they did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Stepping down now from my soapbox :)
I have to agree, it's not some new cutting edge technology, they should be addressing this asap. I did find a couple of user bugs , I had some MP4a,s mixed in with mp3's on my usb and will not see them. I wish it would show album art on usb, it does show while iphone is plugged in. I ran it a bunch this morning while in my shop and seemed to work ok. Now back to converting files and moving music onto my phone and usb drive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You should go to the Honda Support web page and report any problems. Posting on this forum doesn't really help much. If you do report to Honda they will call you back to discuss it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts