GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to have separate audio inputs to the rider and passenger while staying connected to the intercom? I can do it on a 747...why not a GW! :D

TIA,
Ken

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry, but I forget the name of the company that allows the passenger and driver to have different audio input. I remember they sell the unit for about 3 to 4 hundred $$. It is possible....

Willy

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Autocom have a number of inputs and ways to connect up.

Trev.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The bike is a full duplex system, so to split out the audio inputs, you need to simply feed ONLY the mic line to each helmet. We've got a unit that has a separate 3.5mm jack that can drive the headset speakers, and is not connected to the mic lines, so wiht the proper cable, you can feed common mic and separate audio to the two.

Ed

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
kenbelt said:
Any way to have separate audio inputs to the rider and passenger while staying connected to the intercom? I can do it on a 747...why not a GW! :D

TIA,
Ken
For a $million, I'll give you separate audio feeds on your Wing... it'd still be cheaper than the 747! :lol:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The Kennedy MuseSet would do exactly that, plus it provided an amplifier for the passenger's audio input device (many MP3 players don't have enough power to drive helmet speakers at road speed), it also included the ability to toggle the microphones on and off (controllable from either seat by using the PTT buttons).

With this system, your back-seat passenger could listen to their own music (I've got mine set up for a separate satellite radio or iPod), turn off the mics (to eliminate the background noise) and still be able to easily talk using the intercom with a tap of the button (or even in a hold to talk mode if the CB is not on).

Unfortunately, Kennedy doesn't offer the system any more. :cry: I don't think enough people knew what it would do...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts