GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,
Just got back yesterday from my test ride. Brand new out of the crate 16'. Bike was beyond smooth and crazy torque. I loved it. The only 3 things that bothered me was the air I took to the face and head being 6'3. Ill need a larger shield for sure. The other 2 things are that my legs were at 90 degrees at the knees. Highway pegs needed if i can find some. The last thing is, the audio volume only goes to 30. I could not even hear the stereo doing 45mph. Is there a clean fix for the stereo that doesnt look like crap on install? How can i Blue Tooth somw music in? Everything else is great.
I have till tomorrow close of business to decide as they are holding it for me.
Your guys' help matters BIG TIME.
Thanks guys and happy Sundauh.

Sid

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Kuryakyn or ****-o-Pegs for stretching your legs, a good helmet with speakers for the music and in the trunk or left pocket should be a connection for an Ipod or similar device. Someone more knowledgeable should be along soon.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Afternoon all,
Just got back yesterday from my test ride. Brand new out of the crate 16'. Bike was beyond smooth and crazy torque. I loved it. The only 3 things that bothered me was the air I took to the face and head being 6'3. Ill need a larger shield for sure. The other 2 things are that my legs were at 90 degrees at the knees. Highway pegs needed if i can find some. The last thing is, the audio volume only goes to 30. I could not even hear the stereo doing 45mph. Is there a clean fix for the stereo that doesnt look like crap on install? How can i Blue Tooth somw music in? Everything else is great.
I have till tomorrow close of business to decide as they are holding it for me.
Your guys' help matters BIG TIME.
Thanks guys and happy Sundauh.

Sid
CHECK SETTINGS ON RADIO - (THRU VOLUME BUTTON N TUNE) THINK YA PUSH IN ? SET AVC (AUTO VOLUME CONTROL TO HI) AND TURN ON OTHER STUFF ! DONT REMEMBER NAMES :surprise::wink2: ALSO RUN YOUR PHONE / MPS/ ETC THRU AUX CONNECTION . PHONES AUDIO 10 TIMES BETTER THAN BIKES . ON MY 2014 WITH IPHONE I RUN MUSIC-MAPS- PHONE ETC THRU PHONE AND ON HWY 10 IM FINE TO HEAR THRU BIKES SPEAKERS 80 HAVE TO KICK TO 12 :surprise:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Get your wallet ready. A better shield, I use a Madstad will make the music hearable, speaker upgrades are also available. I use a Garmin Zumo 590 which in addition to being a great GPS gives you blue tooth capabilities as well as playing anything that is on your phone or internet and it is connected to the bike sound system. Several type highway pegs are made for the Goldwing/F6B for streaching out. A custom seat, I have a Russel Day Long that sits me back a couple of inches and up a couple more which gives me much more knee room and helps that bent knee angle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Genuine OEM Honda Accessory Tall Windscreen with Vent ($199) is wonderful. It is polycarbonate and the vent allows ventilation when needed if hot and when tilted up pushes the buffeting air away from wrapping around you. You can also close it during winter months to stay warm. You will after awhile get accustomed to the mid pegs that allow better handling and control. There are many highway pegs available that clamp on the engine guard bars (~$225). I tried a few but removed them as I like the mid pegs. I also tried the Mustang seat but went back to stock as the fit was better.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Kuryakyn or ****-o-Pegs for stretching your legs, a good helmet with speakers for the music and in the trunk or left pocket should be a connection for an Ipod or similar device. Someone more knowledgeable should be along soon.
No trunk on the F6b

Reactions: jm21ddd15

·
Registered
166 Posts
Baggershield

I have a Baggershield 11 to 19 inch windshield knocks the wind down and with my half helmet and a Sony MP3 player plugged into the USB port in the left storage pod my stereo would blow me off the bike if I turned it to 30. I normally run mine at 19 and can hear it clear rolling 80 mph on the freeway up here in Michigan. Helmet , windshield , and player have a lot to do with how well the stereo can be heard. My F6B is also a new 2016 with 600 miles on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Madstad on my 14 F6b. If you want to save a few bucks, get the base system without a windscreen and I will sell you my new 15" shield, I tried it out, and went with the 11" so the 15" is just sitting in the garage. My bike only had a simple Alpine amp and speaker upgrades on it and with AVC on, I rarely ever go louder than 11 on the volume because it cranks at any speed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a Baggershield 11 to 19 inch windshield knocks the wind down and with my half helmet and a Sony MP3 player plugged into the USB port in the left storage pod my stereo would blow me off the bike if I turned it to 30. I normally run mine at 19 and can hear it clear rolling 80 mph on the freeway up here in Michigan. Helmet , windshield , and player have a lot to do with how well the stereo can be heard. My F6B is also a new 2016 with 600 miles on it.
I have had several windshields (baggershield, stock GW shield, tulsa tall shield, clearview). With the stock stereo and speakers, I only need the setting at 12. 19 is way up there?? Is that maybe without the top part of your shield up?

Also, I read somewhere that with AVC on, the stereo max's out at about 22, because it is internally amp'd up to 30 by then. That makes some sense.

To the OP. Absolutely get a taller shield. I did a fly and ride to get my bike. I was really disappointed with the stereo on the way home. Changed the shield and all was good! :thumbup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
your absolutely correct so the new bike was not giving me all it had and I found out why. I didn't turn on the AVC so now I'm down to 12 on the volume. Thanks for making me think a bit on why I was at that high a volume. This will make a total volume change at highway speed. Just sitting still when I fired it up after turning on the AVC I had to quick turn it down off 19 back to 12 and it was still loud. Thanks for rattling my cage Lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
your absolutely correct so the new bike was not giving me all it had and I found out why. I didn't turn on the AVC so now I'm down to 12 on the volume. Thanks for making me think a bit on why I was at that high a volume. This will make a total volume change at highway speed. Just sitting still when I fired it up after turning on the AVC I had to quick turn it down off 19 back to 12 and it was still loud. Thanks for rattling my cage Lol

Good job, and thanks! That was buggin' me, too. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts