GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram that shows the wiring of the amp and rear speakers on an 07 wing?

I've looked in the service manual and I see the audio system wiring diagram, but it doesn't include anything from the connector to the amp from the radio and beyond. It appears there is a substantial bundle of wires plugged into the amp from some of the drawings but I can't find anything in the wiring diagram that shows the amp and rear speakers on the 03+ diagram. It only shows a connector to the rear speakers and states that it is optional.

Should I be looking at a different page, if so, where?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,215 Posts
What level is this 07, ABS, bagger ? The whole audio system changed in 06 and the 03 manual won't have the diagram.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm terrible at remembering the level classes, but its the comfort, nav, abs model. No airbag.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks Techdude.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Does anyone have a diagram that shows the wiring of the amp and rear speakers on an 07 wing?

I've looked in the service manual and I see the audio system wiring diagram, but it doesn't include anything from the connector to the amp from the radio and beyond. It appears there is a substantial bundle of wires plugged into the amp from some of the drawings but I can't find anything in the wiring diagram that shows the amp and rear speakers on the 03+ diagram. It only shows a connector to the rear speakers and states that it is optional.

Should I be looking at a different page, if so, where?
If I am reading your post correctly, are you saying that you are using an 03 manual. If so, the 03 does not have an external amp. That's why you can't find it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I am reading your post correctly, are you saying that you are using an 03 manual. If so, the 03 does not have an external amp. That's why you can't find it.
Well I thought I had the service manual for my model year (I think i downloaded it from mother honda's site a few years back) but all the wiring diagrams cover 01-02, 03, and after 03. At least thats the common phrase on them so since things changed in 06 and beyond, I guess I am using an old service manual. Any idea where I can download a more recent copy of the service manual for free? Heck, I wouldn't mind having one for the new 12 Wing as I like to tinker with bikes and I'm sure eventually I'll see a 12 cross my path.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I would love to have a copy of every model year also, because I need them to help people on this board when they have trouble.

But we are not allowed to link to free manuals here, because it is illegal. Those manuals are copyrighted.

You might be able to find a later manual somewhere on the net, but you are going to have to search for it yourself, outside this forum. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts