GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Zumo 396 connected to my headset and the headset also connects to the Freewire on my bike. It works OK except the Zumo connection has lots of static and it is much louder than the Freewire. Does anyone know an easy way to turn down the volume on the driving directions from the Zumo? If it had a bluetooth audio out volume control, that would do the trick, but when doing bluetooth, the volume control is disabled. Any good ideas?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Terry, did you happen to see this?

I don’t know if this is anything that helps or not. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audio

Those only work when using the speaker for audio output. THey are disabled when using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
In theory, the Sena headsets have source-specific volume settings. So you are supposed to be able to turn the volume up/down for the zumo.

In practice, I'm having a heck of a time making that work reliably. It's worse now that I'm using ear buds out of the Sena base, instead of the helmet speakers, and I want things lower. I tend to bounce between Sena FM radio, phone media (music and/or GPS), and sometimes intercom. Every once in a while, the Google Maps lady starts blasting me and I can't turn it down without cutting her off (using the Sena volume).

Perhaps try adjusting the volume using the Sena dial with the Freewire off and the zumo on (and ideally with it speaking), and see if Sena remembers it.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea

In theory, the Sena headsets have source-specific volume settings. So you are supposed to be able to turn the volume up/down for the zumo.

In practice, I'm having a heck of a time making that work reliably. It's worse now that I'm using ear buds out of the Sena base, instead of the helmet speakers, and I want things lower. I tend to bounce between Sena FM radio, phone media (music and/or GPS), and sometimes intercom. Every once in a while, the Google Maps lady starts blasting me and I can't turn it down without cutting her off (using the Sena volume).

Perhaps try adjusting the volume using the Sena dial with the Freewire off and the zumo on (and ideally with it speaking), and see if Sena remembers it.
What I've seen is the Sena remembers settings on a protocol by protocol basis. If I turn down the Freewire A2DP stream the Zumo A2DP stream volume goes down too. I have found the HFP volume to be separate from the A2DP stream volume.

It is pretty easy to test on the way you suggest so I'll do that. I also use ear buds so I feel your pain.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
What I've seen is the Sena remembers settings on a protocol by protocol basis.
Maybe that's why it is kicking my butt in practice. Particularly with some of the dual protocol devices. :grin2:

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
- David St. Hubbins​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts