GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd Annual
Wheels For A Cure
Ride or drive to help raise money to find a cure for diabetes.
Bring your motorcycle, convertible, station wagon, or mini-van......all vehicles are welcome!!!! Come out, have fun, and help support a worthy cause!!!!
Scenic ride/drive from West Chicago to Buffalo Rock State Park in Ottawa, followed by lunch, door prizes, and a silent auction.
(Cash or check only for Silent Auction)
Tax Deductible Donation: $20 adult/$35 Couple/$5 Children (12 and under)
(Please make checks payable to JDRF)

When: Sunday, August 21st, 2011
Where: Northeast corner of Route 64 (North Ave) and Route 59 in West Chicago (Parking lot behind McDonald’s).
Time: Registration from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Arrive at Buffalo Rock at approximately noon.
Questions? (or if you are unable to attend and would like to make a donation) please contact Jeff Matticks at 630-414-6525 or [email protected].
No Pre-registration, but please RSVP to [email protected] if you plan to attend.
WWW.WHEELSFORACURE.COM

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While it's still a few weeks away, just want to bump this up a little. A little background on this event. My now 11 year old son has been riding with me for a few years now, including participating in various organized fundraiser rides. When he was diagnosed with Juvenile or Type 1 Diabetes 2 1/2 years ago, we said we would look to see if we could find any rides that benefited Diabetes research. When we could not find one, he asked if we could have one. From this "Wheels For A Cure" was born.

Hope some of you can make it.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a bump to the top as we are just a little over a week away.

Come out and help support finding a cure for Juvenile or Type 1 Diabetes....one mile at a time.

We'll be serving lunch and have a lot of great door, raffle, and silent auction prizes.

Hope you can make it.

If there are any questions, please PM me.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more bump....

So far, the weather forecast looks to be in our favor for Sunday.

The first year, we had 16 bikes....and it rained most of the day.
Last year, we had 35 bikes (nice sunny day).
This year???

Hope some of you will consider coming out and going for a ride, all to help support a worthy cause. Lunch is served after the ride, along with door prizes, raffle prizes, and a silent auction.

Help find a cure for diabetes.....one mile at a time.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it, maybe the wife will go along too.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
The weather is lookin' questionable for Sunday, keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You and I both, as far as keeping fingers crossed. Hope to see you Sunday.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Your ad says to make checks payable to........do you not take cash? If you need a check, let me know. I can't remember the last time I wrote a check. :shrug:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We can absolutely take cash. If someone does want to pay by check, we do ask that it be made payable to JDRF.

See you Sunday.

Thanks.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts