GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
That looks like fun.
We had a boardmember a couple of years ago (before he was run off for his English) who told us a lot about the German freeway system. It seemed pretty kewl then too.
Ah, someday...

Pat

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think I saw 310 Kilometers !! That equals 192 MPH :D OMG :yes:
Great video!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pbird49 said:
Ah, someday...

Pat
Yeah, maybe. I got nabbed going 50 in a 30 on a back road which had not other roads entering it, no housing, no schools. The LEO told me it was because of a church. That was two days ago, I finally saw the church, about an 1/8 of a mile from the road. Posted 30 for almost two miles. When you cross the intersection, with houses, schools, businesses, etc, the speed goes up to 35, go figure. However, he must have clocked me when I was slowing from over 70 on that road. He cut me some slack, only wrote the ticket for 40 in a 30 so it won't affect my insurance, so he said.

Mike

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wonder if there are any deer there :?:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Accidents happen real fast on the autobahn and involve many cars, usually with fatalitys.

I almost hit a truck at 120 mph, due to the sudden shift in traffic, speed definantly will kill you, things happen way to fast to react, no brakes are that good either, in fact mine fadded on me and wre ineffective, scared the hell out of me. 145 was the fastest I drove in Germany and it was in a porsche 944. It was fun, but I was a 19 yo kid with no sense. Now I am a little older but still with no sense....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Paul Long said:
He needs to remember to cancel the signal when finished changing lanes :)
On the Autobahn, it's illegal to flash high beams at slower vehicles to get them to move over. To get around it, many drivers will "forget" to turn off their left turn signal while driving that fast. It's their way of saying, "stay in the right lane, I'm coming through!" LOL

Just a useless bit of trivia: it's also the law that anyone driving that fast is at fault if there is an accident--regardless of whose "fault" it really is. On the other hand, at that speed, there are no accidents, only fatalities! :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts