GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Autocom headset & mike (HI-G8) and I cannot get the sound to a reasonable level even with the volume at max. :( It appears the Street Pilot III and CB are working w/o any problem.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Max Monaco

·
Registered
227 Posts
Max,

My Autocom headsets are very sensitive to both the location of the speakers and the microphone. The speakers can be just a little out of position and the volume suffers. This seems to be more true than with the other headsets I own. The mic must be exactly in the right place. Once adjusted properly the Autocom unit, the Pro-7 in my case, works very well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Autocomm

My Autocomm headsets needed an adapter from Autocomm to work with the GL-1800 headset interface. One is needed for both the rider and passenger. With the adapters in place, the headsets work very well with the stock GL-1800 audio system.

I agree with HardBall that placement of both mic and speakers make a big difference when using these headsets. It may take some time to get it just right, but the headset speakers should stay wherever you put them.

Ride Safe,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts