GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;
I just looked at the autocom unit on there web sight. It looks like I can use this to have all my accessories hooked together. The unit that I am looking at is the active plus Duo. I am looking at the Zumo, my cell phone, cb, and intercom. For those that have it or tried it, do you like it? Is it easy to install? Does the intercom work well? Is it better that the one on the wing now? Are there down sides to it? Should I look at a system that links to the bikes intercom? The more I look, :roll: the more confused I get. :shock:
This is going to be my first GPS,and I am trying to figure the best way to hook it up. :D
Thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Jerry Hempe said:
Hi all;
I just looked at the autocom unit on there web sight. It looks like I can use this to have all my accessories hooked together. The unit that I am looking at is the active plus Duo. I am looking at the Zumo, my cell phone, cb, and intercom. For those that have it or tried it, do you like it? Is it easy to install? Does the intercom work well? Is it better that the one on the wing now? Are there down sides to it? Should I look at a system that links to the bikes intercom? The more I look, :roll: the more confused I get. :shock:
This is going to be my first GPS,and I am trying to figure the best way to hook it up. :D
Thanks
Jerry
I have the Active Plus on 2 bikes and it is a great unit. The headsets are very good and the install is the best that I have seen of all headsets but it does take a litttle courage to pull the styrene out of your helmet in a full face but it goes right back in.

I just got the Zumo for Nav and MP3 and maybe XM radio at a later date. It connects by a 3.5 mini plug cable that comes in the kit-200. The kit-200 also provides you with a basic cell phone cable but you may need a specific one from Autocom. My cell phone can auto answer so that is how I set it up. If a call comes in I get it.

I use a GMRS radio so I can't speak for wiring it to the CB, I really don't care for CB as a rule so I never gave it a thought.

Install is extremely easy and does not take up much space.

The intercom is superior to the one on the Goldwing in one big way. When you are not speaking a VOX circuit shuts off the volume so you do not get any wind noise and since it is all done in the Autcom there is no delay clipping when you start talking again. This is a great feature because the wind noise on the GL1800 intercom drove me nuts on a long drive. Otherwise the intercom is the same as the wing, speak at will.

The Active Plus is on sale right now through Autocom America and if you look on ST-riders.net there is a group buy with BMW of Dallas for 15% off and $5.00 shipping that you can use just for mentioning it and asking for Robert.

On the other hand you can just connect the Zumo to the AUX audio input on the wing in the left front box and control it through your radio system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts