GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been on this list for a couple of months now and I have to tell ya, I'm impressed. Lots of information, answers and help for those that need it and for that, a big thanks to everyone.

For those that are using the Autocom System for intercom and headsets, which Autocom interface part number did you use.

I ordered part number 1341 from an Autocom dealer but recieved something different. According to the Autocom website, the part I received is a stereo interface but there are three of them listed and I can't tell which one it is. I also didn't get any instructions for installing it which leaves me a little more confused (I get confused pretty easy though).

Thanks to anyone that has information on this matter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If your bike doesn’t already have a Honda CB then I think the Autocom part 1341 is the part you want. If they sent you part 1343, I think it also works the same way.

Just take your seat off, then follow the passenger headset wire from where you plug in the headset (lower left side of trunk) to where that wire plugs into a connector under the seat. Unplug this connector under the seat and plug in one end of part 1341. Plug the other end of part 1341 into your Autocom music input socket. That’s it.

You can also build your own connector, but you need a Ground Loop Isolator to prevent the buzzing and whirring. I just cut the wire off and old headset and then built a GLI from two of these parts that I got at Radio Shack. Everything was less than $10. There is still a very slight whirring sound at high volume levels, but I don’t notice it all once I’m moving.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103254

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part they sent looks like 1340, 1342 and 1343. The part I have has some numbers on it (01926 431249) so I thought I would call Autocom in the morning to see what it was.

I'll pull the seat in the morning and see what happens when I follow your instructions. Which part do you have one yours?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I’m using the homemade connector I mentioned above.

I believe all the parts you mentioned have the same two ends and hook up the same way, but I’m not sure what you do with the third connector. I thought it was for the CB (microphone), but it looks like a headset jack. If it’s not clear once you get under the seat, just give them a call.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I still don't know what part number they sent me but I pluged it in like you said and the on board stereo comes thru the Autocom just fine. The third lead looks like it might be for a head set cord but it won't fit mine so I don't know for sure.

The only problems were putting the seat back on, what a pain in the butt. Worst design I have ever seen.

Thanks for the tips on the Autocom, I'll buy the coffee if we ever meet up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts