GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really interested in this item. Fred H. gives it a nice review, but never mentions much of its operation hook up?
Questions;
how does the radio tie into the hook up?
Is the radio still switchable to speakers and intercom?
Do you use the OEM intercom button anymore?
I use an XM with FM modulator on it, so the FM radio usage is required. Understand the GPS and other music input are on the autocomm input chain.
If all music is connected as is on the bike, can it be connected with autocomm too? Any answers appreceited.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Questions;
how does the radio tie into the hook up?
It requires an interface that is sold as an accessory. There are 2 different interfaces. 1 for audio only and 1 for audio/CB.
http://www.autocomamerica.com/product_d ... ctid/25677
http://www.autocomamerica.com/product_d ... ctid/25675

Is the radio still switchable to speakers and intercom?
Yes

Do you use the OEM intercom button anymore?
No

I use an XM with FM modulator on it, so the FM radio usage is required. Understand the GPS and other music input are on the autocomm input chain.
If all music is connected as is on the bike, can it be connected with autocomm too?
Not sure I understand the question, but you change from Aux to FM to other just as you normally would.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The interface module is mainly just a ground-loop-isolator. It hooks into the Wing's rear headset connector and attaches it to the Autocom music input. I made my own GLI and it's working fine.

So anything that plays through the Wings headsets can now play through the Autocom. Plus now you have all the other autocom inputs.

I have intercom, phone/GPS, bike-to-bike frs, and cobra cb going directly through the Autocom. I get FM and XM (aux port) through the Wing.

I use my phone only for GPS on the bike while riding, but it also works as a phone when it's connected.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot, now i know. Can just tie the existing in for music, etc. Either intercom output, could be used as the autocomm input, for all existing hookups for the music, etc. Autocomm intercomm works on its own. OEM intercom button would still be used to shift between speakers or autocomm music input for headphones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts