GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a gut full of the POS stock audio system and added an Autocom pro AVI. Finally can enjoy my tunes going down the road. It works great but............... I really miss the stock system volume control and would like to be able to adjust the Autocom volume while riding. Have no problem with volume on the Ipod which has a broad range. The XM radio on the other hand has a very narrow range.

Has anyone modified the Autocom to have external control of the voulume?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I also have the Autocom AVi on my 06 and had the same problem.

Per the suggestion of the Autocom tech I connected my XM Radio to the auxiliary input of the stock system. I had to use an Autocom cable with the noise reduction device in it to eliminate noise, I can now adjust the volume using the stock volume control.

Wayne

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2002 and have had no luck with any of the noise reduction filters and ground loop eliminators. That's why the Autocom is being used.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I bought the autocom adapter that plugs the passenger headset cable into the Autocom unit, that way everything then plays through it. I also use the Autocom cable from the XM radio to the auxiliary input that eliminated most of the noise, without that cable the noise was bad.

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts