GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The autolinx is a hard case golf bag that mounts to your hitch and holds three 20 inch duffels. Seems like it would be perfect if you need a little more space. I bought one over biketoberfest and I'm wondering if anyone has used one before. My hope is that 30-35 pounds mounted on the hitch will not be too much extended weight. I wonder how much tongue weight the trailers with full coolers put on the hitch? Since I haven't installed my hitch yet I have no way to try this thing out. My hope is that I didn't just buy an expensive (285.00) golf bag, I don't even play golf. Thanks for any input, positive or negative.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Lessee here. Trailer weighs in at 500 pounds (loaded of course) and your supposed to have 10% tongue weight, that comes to 50 pounds,. Now some will tell you dynamics are a little different, but you stick around 35 pounds and youll be fine. I've been driving with my golf clubs and other stuff on the hitch of my bike for years now and no porblems. Hope it brings you lots of joy.

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
the autolinx looks cool for the guy that doesn't want to mess with a trailer or for the golfer too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts