GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Shoots....the LEO's would wear that thing out in no time in my area. Every day in the paper, I read about people getting picked up for all the things the cop talked about that would bring up an alarm. Sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I like it. Robocop like. It needs a distinctive tone feature. :lol:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
BIG BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! on the loose with YOUR tax dollars spying on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...chuck

·
Registered
106 Posts
If BIG BROTHER finds my stolen car as the punk is driving down the street, then my tax dollars are being used for my good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
chuck_b24 said:
BIG BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! on the loose with YOUR tax dollars spying on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...chuck
Think of all the good that can come from this. I wonder if they'll ever have to technology to sniff out frijoles and guacamole?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I was wondering how long it was going to take until someone cried about the government. Hey, if that thing can tell the cops who is driving a stolen car, uninsured car...etc...then more power to them.

Personally, Im all for cops hiding behind bushes, setting up speed traps, making mandatory stops...etc. Anything they can do to make the roads safer for me and my family is a great thing.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This may be big brother-ish, but it's all being done in the public arena... What you do on public streets can be monitored, there is not bones to make about it.

Think about having those mounted on most major intersections, just looking for cars stolen in the last 3 days... Most would get recovered, crooks would go to jail, and they might get the idea that stealing a car isn't profitable or fun...

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
:D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I don't see this as Big Brother watching. I see this as a good use of our tax payer dollars. It's an efficient way to enforce laws. I doubt you'll see all department cars with this, probably just traffic inforcement units.

If they can download all the cars stolen and then go out and find them, how is that a bad thing? I know if my car or bike were stolen, I'd love someone to be able to find it quickly before it got trashed or chopped.

If you have a valid license, current insurance and not driving a stolen car, you have nothing to worry about. I have nothing to hide, they can run my tags all they want.

Not speaking for Ziggy, but he does have someone from the state watching him. He's called the principal. The schools I know do observations of their teachers, in class, on a regular basis as well as monitoring their lesson plans.

Not to mention the kids who would be quick to point out to their parents anything they thought was out of bounds.

Just my 2 cents
Dep

·
Registered
76 Posts
Crap!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Amber Alerts, too!

Think about how this could help save a child that has been abducted... :roll:

I am for it, I have nothing to hide in public. As for misuse, do the benefits outweigh the problems? :?:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
My common sense approach, tells me that more good can come from this, than bad for me.

Big Brother is here to stay and nothing that we can do about it. When the ACLU liars get involved, is when we need to be concerned.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
A company that is big in this arena is building right next to the place that I work. Looks like it is expected to grow.

Great Britan has been using neighborhood surveylance cameras for a while now, and it has made their streets and public areas safer (how much really can't be measured). Is it better than the cop on patrol? Not as personal, but able to be in more places at once.

Knoxville, TN installed traffic light cameras this last year. A percentage of the ticket money goes to the company that installed them. If you lived here , you would either a) be ticked off because you might get a ticket for your habit of running the lights or b) be grateful that the intersections will be a bit safer and less third-world.

Big brother? I don't worry about the government as much as I worry about the people that spend all of their waking hours trying to think of new ways to either make money at the expense of others or just cause others grief. Sure, there are some out-of-control folks in government. Most of them at least INTEND to be helping the general good.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
pidjones said:
A company that is big in this arena is building right next to the place that I work. Looks like it is expected to grow.

Great Britan has been using neighborhood surveylance cameras for a while now, and it has made their streets and public areas safer (how much really can't be measured). Is it better than the cop on patrol? Not as personal, but able to be in more places at once.

Knoxville, TN installed traffic light cameras this last year. A percentage of the ticket money goes to the company that installed them. If you lived here , you would either a) be ticked off because you might get a ticket for your habit of running the lights or b) be grateful that the intersections will be a bit safer and less third-world.

Big brother? I don't worry about the government as much as I worry about the people that spend all of their waking hours trying to think of new ways to either make money at the expense of others or just cause others grief. Sure, there are some out-of-control folks in government. Most of them at least INTEND to be helping the general good.

Too bad they don't think much of the whores in Ipswitch to have used it there.

What it will change is the way cars are stolen and used- Go to a home and kill everone take the car commit the crime and dump the car. No camera's at the home! More reason for you to be on your gaurd! Crime has been around a lot longer than police.

IMHOP

1 - 20 of 56 Posts