GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i visited my local cycle shop today and they seem to be impressed with these centramatic wheel balancers. they started carrying them when people were asking for them. the literature looks good but do they work? does/has anyone had experience with these? thoughts?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I like mine.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have had mine for 2 years and love them. I personally wouldn't own an 1800 without them!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Almost forgot. Welcome to the forum!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I just put on some new Metzlers and used the Dynabeads and went about a mile over the speed limit (or was it double) I can't remember :shrug: but, the bike was stable and rode smooth.
Dynabeads are $20 for both wheels.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I like mine a lot! Welcome as well.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The folks that have never tried them will tell you they are worthless and will not help at all (what you dont know...you simply dont know!) I was really impressed with how they seemed to help the bike, and I had a money back guarantee and could have sent them back if I didnt like them for a full refund. The bike seems to stick better somehow, its amazing.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Good old lead weight are working fine for me, so I have no need for the centragimmick :joke:
Homer, don't knock them until you try them. I too was skeptical they would do anything since my front only took 1/10 oz to balance. Went back & forth & finally got a set, they DO make a difference. Haven't had them on long enough to tell if they do anything for tire wear but they make the ride smoother & more planted.

I have had mine for 2 years and love them. I personally wouldn't own an 1800 without them!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Have had mine since spring & totally agree.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The DynaBeads work real good and cost $200 LESS.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just put on some new Metzlers and used the Dynabeads and went about a mile over the speed limit (or was it double) I can't remember :shrug: but, the bike was stable and rode smooth.
Dynabeads are $20 for both wheels.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

I just thought the bike was smooth until I got these.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

Unless you plan on going to the trouble of capturing all the dynabeads and and reusing them each time you change a tire, or have a flat (PITA), you would have to calculate how many tire changes you will have the rest of your life or at the least the rest of the time that you ride a GL1800 to fully compare the cost aspect between the dynabeads and the centramatics. The Centramatics will actually be cheaper over time, so you will be throwing your money away on the dynabeads or metal weights eventually...IF you ride a lot of miles like some of us do. Then you have to add the value of a much better ride and you re-coop your expense even quicker! I have ridden with dynabeads and with centramatics...there is a big difference in the quality of the ride.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have had them on both our bikes since they first came out. Like it has been said before... 1. Best mod ever put on the bike. 2. Last set of tires (Bridgestone/Metzler mix) ran 16,000 miles. 3. Those that don't know/never tried them simply don't get it.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well I suppose that is true enough.

Thing is the Centramatics do a lot more for the bike than just balance the tires.

You just have to try them to understand.

For many of us the bike is a toy, a hobby, what we like to do. So 200 bucks to make it a better ride and add to the performance of the bike, is not much at all.

You get a day off, look forward to that all week, and early of a morning take off for somewhere, twist the throttle and a big grin comes over your face.

It is going to be a good day, and the Centramatics just add to that.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
so i visited my local cycle shop today and they seem to be impressed with these centramatic wheel balancers. they started carrying them when people were asking for them. the literature looks good but do they work? does/has anyone had experience with these? thoughts?
They work great.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
so i visited my local cycle shop today and they seem to be impressed with these Centramatics wheel balancers. They started carrying them when people were asking for them. The literature looks good but do they work? does/has anyone had experience with these? thoughts?
Rwald,

My suggestion to you is if you want to spend your money for them please do, it is your money to do with as you please...

The manufacture has a very good guarantee that if you don't like them they will give you your money back...

Now that a free offer to try their product...

Now, welcome to the board and I'm very sorry you're getting caught up in a peeing match by some grumpy old, old grouches that have nothing better to do that try to tare some ones product down when they themselves have never tried it because their to cheep to spend the money to see if it good or not...

I put an add in our wanted to buy section to buy anybody's used Centramatics, and got one offer from someone that wanted to buy the new chrome ones but I never heard if he ever got them or not, so it appears that once someone put them on their bike they stay for same reason that they stay on my bike... They work...

They must hate them so much they just leave them on???

Yep I've used them, I've used led and I've used Dynabeads and I've used no weights at all...

I can't say they make me go faster...

I can't say they make my tires last any longer... (I put them on right after my bike was new)... So I don't know longer than what???

I can't say you'll like them at all. But you still have that guarantee to fall back on of you don't

I do love mind enough that I have them on all four sets of my front wheels I own...

Now that $800 more than that guys led weights but he's happy with his cheapskate way of living and I'm happy with my lavish way of my living...

I just can't get over some people that will pay for a $25,000 bike and fuss because you want to spend your money the way you want to spend it on your own bike... I guess if you spend your money the way they want you to spend it... Naaa... What I'm I thinking, you can't make those people happy even if you served them cold ice cream, they would still fuss...

My dear ole Dad used to tell me that some people would fuss and complain if you hung them with a new rope, then he'd say, but hang them anyway at lease they wont be fussing anymore...

It sounds like someone is not glued together right to me...

Again, my advice is put them on and try them, if you don't like them, get your money back, it's a free ride, you won't find that very many places any more...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts