GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 03 Wing. On the stock bike (no CD changer) where is the aux audio connector located? What type of connector is it? Miniplug or some other kind. Can't wait to pick up my new Illusion Blue Wing. First new one in 25 years. Owned a 78 Wing for 6 years.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think you will find it in/under the left fairing pocket.
Congrats on the Wing!!
I bought mine in September. It is my first bike in over 25 years. My wife had never been on a bike.
Enjoy it!
mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
BigBeard,

Mine was in a bag with some other accessories. It plugs in under the left side fairing pocket and comes up into the pocket through a hole in the bottom with a grommet in it.

The plug is a standard stereo "mini" plug (1/8 inch) which is the same that all headsets from walkman type portables use.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The connector is located under the left fairing pocket, its bundled in with a bunch of other wires inside a rubber boot, very easy to find. You must remove the pocket by pushing the center of the push pins at each cornmer of the pocket and the removing them , then the pocket will come out and you can plug in the Aux jack wire and run it through a hole in the bottom of the pocket. I have a Sony mini disc attached to mine and it works very well.
Hope this helps...................KC

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Beard,

Welcome to the board.

You are about to embark on a motorcycle venture, the likes you have only imagined.

Your new ride, has no relationship to your last Wing. The difference is going to set your hair back.

To answer your question, on a new bike, the Aux plug should be in a clear bag, along with some motorcycle saety literature and other stuff.

It plugs into the audio wiring (Plug & Play) located under the left pocket. There is a hole already in the bottom of the L/Pocket with a rubber plug in it. On the Aux plug is a grommet that fits in the hole where the plug was.

Make sure you take your Heart pills before your first solo long ride. It will be exhilarating.

Bulldog be

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aux audio plug

Thanks all. Bulldog, thanks for the inspiration. I am aware of the HUGE difference between the new Wing and the old. I have rented in Vegas twice and it just took awhile to convince my other half it was time to take the plunge. I rode a school bus yellow rental from Vegas to Sacramento last June. Convinced me it was time to sell the V-65 and move up. Look forward to reading the boards and posting a picture after I take delivery next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts