GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , on my 2003 goldwing it has an aux button on radio is there any way to hook my I- phone up to this to play my music. I guess what I’m asking is there a hidden plug that I can plug a USB port into that will play music through the stereo system ....Boy I bet this post is as clear as mud ? ? ? HELP

·
Registered
934 Posts
Should be a plug in the left fairing pocket. If not, it could be still coiled under it, so you have to pull out the pocket and route it up through one of the grommets

Greg
2004 GL1800
Rider 123, 2019 Tour of Honor
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
There is an accommodation in the Left fairing pocket for the AUX. However it is not a USB Port. It is a standard headphone like plug.. If you don't have the AUX extension cable that connects to the wire harness , they are available from must venders.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
885 Posts
Get a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into to above mentioned cord in the left cubby. Say goodbye to wires and having to plug your phone in every time. If you have a newer iPhone then it no longer has the 3.5 mm headphone jack anyways.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Get a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into to above mentioned cord in the left cubby. Say goodbye to wires and having to plug your phone in every time. If you have a newer iPhone then it no longer has the 3.5 mm headphone jack anyways.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa so true here, I had to purchase a different type of cord, for my head set.....Thank you for this reminder....I haven't tried it on my bike yet... maybe today since I;m thinking about it......

Ronnie

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
I'd first remove the left front pocket. I sometimes find audio cables attached to something else, or just laying on top of the rad. If there is none to be found, order one.

If the barrel plug on the end of the audio cable does not fit your phone, get an adapter so that you phone can play music through your sound system. Usually a cell phone store will have the adapter cable that you might need.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey guys , on my 2003 goldwing it has an aux button on radio is there any way to hook my I- phone up to this to play my music. I guess what I’m asking is there a hidden plug that I can plug a USB port into that will play music through the stereo system ....Boy I bet this post is as clear as mud ? ? ? HELP
I use the AUX input to play Pandora Radio from my phone. As others have said, just use the jack in the left pocket. Since I have the adapter, I listen thru the speakers in my helmet...

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
When the bike is 2012+ it has a usb port in trunk as well as the analog audio input that is available in/under the cubby.

Pressing the aux button alternates between the sources.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Phones without the headphone jack will need an amplifier or a DAC to get the needed volume.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts