GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 GL1800HDPNA with 32,000 miles. The previous owner did not use the AUX function. Not knowing any better, I purchased the cable so I can use my IPOD and unplugged what was already there. I now can't hear the Navigation system. Does anyone make a splitter or is there another way I can have both work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
Navigation as in aftermarket ???

To my knowledge, no one makes a splinter. I made one for me years ago. You might do the same.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
i recently purchased a 2008 gl1800hdpna with 32,000 miles. The previous owner did not use the aux function. Not knowing any better, i purchased the cable so i can use my ipod and unplugged what was already there. I now can't hear the navigation system. Does anyone make a splitter or is there another way i can have both work? Any help is greatly appreciated.
dont remember how worked on 08 (had 2 ) but on my 2014 i use aux to run phone ( maps - music ) and when i have bikes nav on "both " work !! Can hear bikes nav with phone maps . Mapquest on phone is usually faster than bikes voice . = NEVER USE / USED A SPLITTER

Reactions: Rickt2004

·
Registered
470 Posts
dont remember how worked on 08 (had 2 ) but on my 2014 i use aux to run phone ( maps - music ) and when i have bikes nav on "both " work !! Can hear bikes nav with phone maps . Mapquest on phone is usually faster than bikes voice . = NEVER USE / USED A SPLITTER
As long as the NAV is turned on and AUX is selected as the audio source then both will work together. Not sure if that's what the OP is trying to do or run an external GPS along with his music source.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
As long as the NAV is turned on and AUX is selected as the audio source then both will work together. Not sure if that's what the OP is trying to do or run an external GPS along with his music source.

I think you are on the right track. I didnt pay attention to his model which is probably the HPNA that has the onboard navi. You should be able to hold the Navi button down and should see a Navi label pop up on the screen showing either the headphones next to it or the speaker icon. Then the Aux label should also be seen on the screen, also with a headphone icon or speaker icon. If both are there, you should be able to hear both the ipod and the Navi directions. You may have to adjust the Navi volume...

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Are you using onboard nav or an addon gps. On my 03, I used a Kennedy kit. Which is an audio switch kit with power and filtering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. I want to run two devices (on board Nav and an IPOD) on one input. As of now I bought an FM transmitter at Wally World for $8 and it works fine. I will look into Kennedy Electronics for a more permanent solution. Andy Cote: I have a 1999 Valk Interstate as well.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Rick,

Assume you are referring to the plug that is underneath the left glove box. I don't think built in NAV uses this plug. Did you trace back the cord you unplugged and/or try plugging back in?

If you have built in NAV you can do this without purchasing anything. Read above posts and your owner's manual. I would start off using regular FM. Turn on the NAV, set a destination and adjust volume. Your directions should mute the music while it speaks to you. Once you get this working you should take the cord you have, plug into the headphone jack and push the AUX button. Might need to adjust volume on device and/or control panel.

Miss my Valkyries but glad they found new owners that will take them out regularly.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts