GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used 1800 didn`t come with a aux cord so when I get one will I be able to hear my non- honda cb through the aux circuit a still be able to use my intercom ?

Thank You

·
Registered
407 Posts
You will have to keep the output volume of the CB down low because the AUX input is designed for a low level (headset type) input. CB will go through into the headsets and the intercom will still work and should mute the CB sound. However, you will not be able to listen to the radio or CD while switched on AUX. Other than the intercom in the headset, the AUX source will be the only sound at the headset or speakers when it is selected. You may want to use an external speaker with the CB so that you can have music on at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Underdog,

I have the AUX cord on my 01 but I don't have anything connected yet. I've heard of and experienced many CD players skipping and am leaning towards a Mini disk system.
The dealer who sold me the 01 had one and proudly showed me what kind of sound could come out of the system.
The Mini Disk system he used was a Sony and you can store up to 5 hours of your favorites and not worry about any skipping.
It takes up less room as well. He bought his at a discount store and was able to get the player, software and 5 disk for under $100.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts