GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 I bought used. The AUX connector is not in the left front pocket. Should it be there? Is it possibly under the pocket? Previous owner had lit shark gills etc put on maybe the connector was left under the pocket?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The CONNECTOR is there.. It's in a bundle of connector forward and left of the pocket. You need a pigtail cable to go from that connection into the pocket... They're not expensive, if the previous guy never used it or lost it. It might be in the manual bag, if he still has it..

You can buy the standard sized ones from Hal or on ebay.. And they are extended ones as well that will go all the way to the trunk, if you like..

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The pigtail was most likely not installed, or possibly it was never replaced if it was pulled out of the pocket for service work. Here's where it should be connected:

The White plug is the AUX input and the Red plug is the ACC power connection.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Look in your owners manual ...

In my owners manual it said the pigtail should be in the bag with the bike "papers" and tools
... it describes how to take the left pocket out and plug in the pigtail to the bike wiring harness.

not sure why they just don't install it from the factory ...

Dennis

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have seen several with the aux. connector still in the plastic baggy with the owner's manual. My '05 came that way, and was not installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
If the mini connecteer pig tail is lost; I suggest you go to Lewis' site at Electifcal Connection and get the one with the noise filter already made-up in line. Or, maybe Jon has one to offer also.

prs

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dealer installed? Are you serious? :D :D :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Aux connector under left faring pocket

Gopdebeek: It IS there. I have a 2005 and could not find mine either......until someone told me that Honda fastened the rubber boot containing the aux connector way down on the left side with a wire-tie. Low and behold, when I finally went down far enough, there it was, but I had to lift half the top shelter off to get it free. Once free, there is enough "meat" to haul it out of the boot and there you go. Connect what you will.

Good luck, I know just how frustrating this is.

G

·
0 Posts
There is no pigtail installed on my 04 under the pocket, and there is no pigtail with my owner's manual either. What is this pigtail for? Hooking up a mp3 or similar device to the white plug? Or a power outlet to the red plug?

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
JudgeDredd331 said:
There is no pigtail installed on my 04 under the pocket, and there is no pigtail with my owner's manual either. What is this pigtail for? Hooking up a mp3 or similar device to the white plug? Or a power outlet to the red plug?
It is not power, it is audio.
It is for hooking up an mp3 or iPOD or XM or GPS (voice) ... or ....

It is the physical "input" that will play whatever is connected when you press the AUX control on the audio panel.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
JudgeDredd331 said:
See Jon's picture above.

Right, white plug with factory supplied (but perhaps not installed) pigtail is for aux audio input to the system (usually via left pocket) for MP3, etc., or can be used with Kennedy cellsets to combine audio input for GPS, SAT radio, MP3, etc. Lewis and others also offer longer (6') pigtails to run aux audio to trunk or handlebars.

Red plug is 5 amp power outlet. Can run power to left pocket or use to power Sat. radio, GPS, MP3 etc. Lewis (Electricl Connections) has spliter pigtail to split power, but remember it is only 5 amps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts