GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auxiliary connector will not deliver full sound unless the jack is about halfway out of the device (Sony minidisk). Then it works fine. Push the jack all the way into the device and I get one channel at half volume. Device works fine with earphones. Could it be a polarity problem? The OEM pigtail has red, white and black wires. The on-bike connector has green, black and white: It is arranged so that:
Red meets black
White meets white
Black meets green
I can't tell from the shop manual CD if that is correct. Many thanks
Chuck

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Can't help you much Chuck. :( Has it worked in the past without a problem? Do you have the mini set at full volume with the auto volume off on the mini?

Okay....I'm done! LOL... Sure can't help you with the wire colors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red.
Now I have a terrible whine so I must have a short in the auxiliary somewhere. I have to only touch the connector to cause the whine, or connect the pigtail and touch the jack. Comes through the speakers when the ignition is on (with and without the engine running) but not when the ignition switch is set to accessory.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Chuck, the "on bike" connector is white (not the red one). The connector on the OEM pigtail is white also. If you connected the white connector on the OEM pigtail to the red 'on bike' connecter it is wrong. Better take a look.
Also turn the volume on the minidisk all the way up.

Hope this helps..only a thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Audio input connector

The manual sez white to white, red to black, and Shield to Shield. Do you have an ohm meter or continuity light? If so, the tip should be one channel, the ring to the other and the shield wire to the body/shaft of the plug. It sounds like your ground wire may be open (broken).....
Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts