GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a XM Roady with a RAM XM mounting bracket. With the Roady unit your Aux cord has to plug directly into the unit. My question is how do I get the cord to reach up to the handlebar mount? Is there a longer cord available?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
You can get what you need at Radio Shack. You need an extension cord, with one male end and one female end.

Now, if you want a nice 90 degree angled plug to plug into your Roady, then that will require some cutting and soldering. But it is worth the extra effort to have three 90 degree angle plugs in a row.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
radio shack also sells a nice 6 foot 1/8 inch cord that has a 90 degree already on one end for 7.99. i got one for the car, so i can move the roady without needing to move cords.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
loren said:
radio shack also sells a nice 6 foot 1/8 inch cord that has a 90 degree already on one end for 7.99. loren
The local Radio Shack stores don't sell such a cord in this area. That was my original plan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Friendly reminder about connectors

Every added connection introduces an additional signal loss and provides an opportunity to introduce noise. The motorcycle is a harsh environment for connectors.

·
Registered
224 Posts
loren said:
i got one for the car, so i can move the roady without needing to move cords.

Where did you get the extra antenna and power supply? (from Delphi?- I couldn't find them on their site).
I want to be able to take my Roady in the car but I don't want to have to disassemble the bike every time.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Bubba90210 said:
Where did you get the extra antenna and power supply? (from Delphi?- I couldn't find them on their site).
I want to be able to take my Roady in the car but I don't want to have to disassemble the bike every time.

I got my extra stuff from www.xmfanstore.com. But it seems to have disappeared... :?: Maybe they are just off-line right now. Their prices are good and they ship things out very quickly. I've ordered stuff as late as 3pm central, and it ships out that night.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Bubba90210 said:
loren said:
i got one for the car, so i can move the roady without needing to move cords.

there is a message board like ours, called xmfan.com

the sponsor sells the blitz antennas which are by some reports much better, and the 6 volt adapter cord.

service was fine

loren

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Just got mine put in, and kept it portable.

Here are a couple of links: Antenna
http://specmo.com/SkyFI/products.asp?category=Antennas
Auto Power supply with FM (and maybe a remote for the rear sear?)
http://specmo.com/SkyFI/products.asp?category=Accessories
and the 6 volt power supply
[/url]http://specmo.com/SkyFI/products.asp?category=Power%20Adapters[/url]

And the radio shack cord is two conductor, not with shield. The adapter
shown above is a little large for a good fit into the roady. I had to splick the OEM phono plug to a longer hunk of wire (2 conductor shielded) to make mine fit, and after finishing found a little gen noise coming thru the headsets, so have an isolater coming from Hal. But, love that XM... :clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts