GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Aux Fuel Tank I want to install I have the mounting just about figured out. It will be mounted to the passenger grab handles and I want to gravity feed it to the main tank with a shut off valve. I have a bulkhead fitting I could use but in looking at it I think I can probably just "T" into the fuel return line.

So the question is has anybody done this and if so how did it work, Alternately if you think it won't work why not?

I'm kind of on a short time line I leave on Thursday so I need to wrap things Up.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have not done it but here are my thoughts. Wouldn't the return fuel line be under some pressure? Could it pump fuel to your aux tank? If you have an inline check valve to prevent back flow would the pressure keep it closed?
Might not be an issue if done with the bike shut off but I would think your doing this so you don't have to stop.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
A friend with A Hannigan trike conversion could not get flow to the main tank with the engine running due to the plumbing going into the return line. We replumbed the aux tank to the fuel level sending unit top plate.

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
Alternately if you think it won't work why not?

I'm kind of on a short time line I leave on Thursday so I need to wrap things Up.
Your method will work, but only with the engine off. With the engine running, there is way too much return fuel flowing in for an aux fuel tank to drain too.

Do like the trike people do. Go to the end of that instruction set, then scroll up and find pictures 25, and 26.

http://www.trikeshop.com/media/docs/ht-and-hts1800-v10-complete.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys It seemed so simple I knew I couldn't But I had to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts